[ROM] AC-ROM-Froyo 2.2

Would everyone want stock apps(bloatware) removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
this may sound ******ed but, I updated to the leaked .3, can I just place this on my SD and flash it this way or must I have root ?

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
its was the leaked .3, placed the "update.zip" on my SD card, and went into recovery mode a upgraded that way. I tried a few commands in the terminal emulator and I cant get into super user mode. ( I know the command line in linux pretty well ) I haven't bothered to flash a custom rom since 2007 !

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Freekin sweet :)

attachment.php

laydros

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just put up a known bugs section in post #2 which includes Calma10's issue. Thus far, all issues reported are not specific to this ROM and are occuring in even unrooted OTA Froyo people

I'm sure HTC and Sprint are working on a patch to fix these issues. If the dev community fixes it first, we will of course incorporate the fix. Hell, we might even be the first team to correct it, like wireless tether :p

We have seen this before with stripped ROMs. Bugless Beast 0.4 was the first one I saw it with. He removed a bunch of stuff to give it pretty much an AOSP/N1 feel and we got that alot. Then when I started kinda building my own stuff I would get it too. Sometimes I think it has to do with weather, sometimes I think it has to do with location.

For BB 0.4 and some similar ROMs the "Next" button at the bottom of the setup wizard got messed up, and the dev said to skip through the wizard anyway, because using it would cause problems. He also said the bgp FC would quit after a while, but it never quit for me.

Of course this was all 2.1 ROMs. If people are seeing it on full Sense ROMs then maybe HTC messed up some framework change to 2.2 and they will have an update, but it wouldn't surprise me if we still get this on some Sense ROMs.

I just downloaded 2.2-Lite (I think the link wasn't up yet last night) so I'll see what I get. BTW the mirror link for Lite is incorrect, has the full ROM.

I'm really happy to see this. It looks like this ROM puts stability and battery life first, features second. And it looks like it has had a bit more testing by the devs, instead of throwing something half-baked at the community and fixing things later. I really appreciate that. It seems like all of the stripped roms have awake bugs from the syncing stuff, and you guys have taken a look at that.

I'll get it running and report back anything I find. Thanks so much for this.

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a question, the Lite 2.0 file was about 136MB vs 2.2 159MB, why the jump on size?
Im in process of flashing and notice the change in size.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
We have seen this before with stripped ROMs. Bugless Beast 0.4 was the first one I saw it with. He removed a bunch of stuff to give it pretty much an AOSP/N1 feel and we got that alot. Then when I started kinda building my own stuff I would get it too. Sometimes I think it has to do with weather, sometimes I think it has to do with location.

You're actually closer than you might have thought. I'm 99% sure this only occurs when you leave on "Use wireless network" in the location settings. If i leave that on i get the FC issue every now and then. If i turn it off and turn on just GPS, no FC's. If i turn both off, no FC's.

I'm also 99% sure its easily fixed :D the reason its happening is the wireless network location service relies on some of the weather apk's. The problem is when you tell the phone to "use wireless network", it cannot find the the proper weather apk's. Did i lose anybody yet? ok good

An example of this is, if you remove the weather apk's but leave in the HTC clock widgets they will be unable to locate you. The reason is they are relying on the weather apk's for part of that location service. I need to do some more tests but in the interim, during the HTC setup wizzard on first boot just uncheck the options in the location screen and you should be set.

I'm really happy to see this. It looks like this ROM puts stability and battery life first, features second. And it looks like it has had a bit more testing by the devs, instead of throwing something half-baked at the community and fixing things later. I really appreciate that. It seems like all of the stripped roms have awake bugs from the syncing stuff, and you guys have taken a look at that.

Our goal was to put out a ROM thats more flexible, and has better battery life while maintaining the stock look and stability of the OEM ROM. Thank you for appreciating the work!

I have a question, the Lite 2.0 file was about 136MB vs 2.2 159MB, why the jump on size?
Im in process of flashing and notice the change in size.

You'll notice all kinds of goodies. We've added a new Android Central clock widget. Ready for the trick? When you click the widget, it takes you to this thread .... yes a multi-functioning clock widget that offers technical support :) (THANKS GBHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Don't forget the AC central theme thats included as well. We wanted to leave the ROM stock looking when flashed but now it includes a full AC theme that gets put right onto your SD card so if you want to flash it, its already on your SD card. Check out the screen shots in the post #73. Instructions will be up soon but its fairly straight forward (THANKS BEEZY AND SPRINTGIRL!!!!!!!!!!)

You'll also see we've included an Android Central themed live wallpaper.

You'll have to pardon us for not updating the change log immediately but im sure you can understand how much work went into essentially releasing 4 ROM's in 2 days :cool:

I'm hoping beezy will sit down and relax today, maybe enjoy a beer or 6 although I'm not holding my breath lol.

Hope you enjoy

Last edited:

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i got everything up and running yesterday, seems good so far. I kept reading yesterday to NOT use any task killer because it would cause some problems ... and i do see the option to stop running apps in "running services" but i know this can not be everything that is running. Also inside "Manage Applications" you can go to the "running" tab and force stop, but this gets old quick having to go one by one. Is there any better way that anybody else knows? I get the feeling it runs slow especially when typing because there is alot of crap running in the back that i never use, i dont know why or how it opens in the first place. I have all the auto sync stuff off and everything. thanks in advance

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the information, I noticed the change and was curious about it. It didn't stop from flashing the ROM. I followed your advice and didn't have any FCs. This forum is very different from all the others. You and beezy did a great job.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i got everything up and running yesterday, seems good so far. I kept reading yesterday to NOT use any task killer because it would cause some problems ... and i do see the option to stop running apps in "running services" but i know this can not be everything that is running. Also inside "Manage Applications" you can go to the "running" tab and force stop, but this gets old quick having to go one by one. Is there any better way that anybody else knows? I get the feeling it runs slow especially when typing because there is alot of crap running in the back that i never use, i dont know why or how it opens in the first place. I have all the auto sync stuff off and everything. thanks in advance

Let me preface by saying ... it's your phone and you can download and use whatever app you want which includes task killers .... Now that we got that out of the way let me do some explaining.

We've made some changes that make it not necessary to kill anything. In the event the phone reaches the marks we've set, it will automatically kill off process that aren't being used in order to reach the optimal levels. If you want to use ATK, we cant stop you. All we ask is that if you do decide to use one, do not report any bugs until you've un-installed it, rebooted the phone, and duplicated the issue without a task killer.

Regarding the keyboard lag, that has nothing to do with running services. I wish it were that easy cause it would have been fixed in our ROM if that were the case. This unfortunately exists in the OTA so its ported over to all the ROM's people make. Now to correct this in previous ROM's we would simply toss in the MTKeyboard and you'd never know the difference. The MTKeyboard isnt working in Froyo but hopefully soon we'll have a fix. We are dedicated to making a ROM that looks and acts the same, but performs better than the OEM ROM so stay tuned cause this is on our list :)

Thank you for the information, I noticed the change and was curious about it. It didn't stop from flashing the ROM. I followed your advice and didn't have any FCs. This forum is very different from all the others. You and beezy did a great job.

Great to hear to FC issue is fixed for you. It took a couple hours and some cold beers but i think i have it pretty well figured out. We really appreciate you enjoying this ROM. If you wanna hear something mind blowing ... beezy doesn't even have an EVO so he can't even run this ROM. Fortunately his better half, sprintgirl, does and shes brave enough to let him use it.

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. The keyboard I'm using is Shapewriter, I noticed it has a delay when there is more going on in the background. Nothing to die over, but it gets annoying. Thanks for the info, everyone does a great job here, I love this place. :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You guys are way more helpful than most people on the "other" forums for android ROM's. So far I'm loving this ROM and have not experienced any of the bugs mentioned (that I've noticed) and really look forward to the future of this ROM.

Currently backing up so I can flash the AC theme. :D

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some how I didn't get the AC theme in my package. It's not showing up when I boot into recovery. Is there any way to get a download link for just the theme? I really don't wanna reflash the whole ROM just for the theme, but the theme looks awesome and I gotta have it. :)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Some how I didn't get the AC theme in my package. It's not showing up when I boot into recovery. Is there any way to get a download link for just the theme? I really don't wanna reflash the whole ROM just for the theme, but the theme looks awesome and I gotta have it. :)

Yeah give me a little bit to get it uploaded.Just wondering which version did you flash and you don't have AC-Theme.zip on your sdcard?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah give me a little bit to get it uploaded.Just wondering which version did you flash and you don't have AC-Theme.zip on your sdcard?

I have version 2.0. I'm assuming that it would show up in Clockwork, right? Idk maybe I deleted it or something. I didn't use the mirror, I used the main download link. I appreciate you uploading it.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have version 2.0. I'm assuming that it would show up in Clockwork, right? Idk maybe I deleted it or something. I didn't use the mirror, I used the main download link. I appreciate you uploading it.

I see i didn't put it in till v.2.2,Ill upload it so that you can flash it.