[ROM] AC-ROM-Froyo 2.2

Would everyone want stock apps(bloatware) removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
[ROM] AC-ROM-Froyo 2.2 Flashable theme by SGBZ!!!

KSmithInNY,beezy420 and nfinitefx bring you froyo!!!
(Please Read Second&Third Post)

This rom is based off sprint froyo 2.2.This is basically stock with root and busybox installed.This has all sprint bloatware.Rom is completely deodex.

**In a effort to keep things moving forward,we don't support builds that are not the most current version.Before reporting a bug,please do a full wipe,then flash the most recent version and refer to post#2 about known bugs. Thanks.

Read changelog for full details!!!
What works-
Everything
Wifi tether-
Custom AC Live Wallpaper-(thanks Android central,gbhil,sprintgirl)
Custom Clock Widget-(thanks Android Central and gbhil
Custom Flashable theme-(by SGBZ) SCREENSHOT!!! Make sure to CLICK thanks for sprintgirl!!!
Custom Kernel-Removed-running edited stock kernel for now.

--How to flash rom--
download zip
place on sdcard
rebooot into recovery,make a nadroid backup!
wipe everything
flash zip reboot

Download Link-- AC-ROM-v.2.8]Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (11-7-10)

*To ALL-This will be the last installment(update) of AC-ROM. We(Devs) have had a great time bringing you a solid rom.We will still be around the formus to help out and share the wisdom we have with everyone.Thank you to everyone that has flashed the rom and helped in the thread. :cool::(

A super big thanks to nfinitefx for all his help.Thanks Android Central,
Also thanks to gbhil for all his guides that i/we learned from to make stuff like this possible.Thanks to (harald) for his great app 'wireless tether' and for working with me the other night to get it working properly for froyo.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
All,

As Beezy said above, version 2.8 is EOL for this ROM. We've had an absolute blast doing this and REALLY enjoy how everyone participated. Many of the changes in this ROM were due to your suggestions. Everyone on Androidcentral.com should take pride in that.

Thanks for everything guys. We'll still be around!

K.P.

ok ok, enough of the sentimental garbage.

STOP AND READ THIS ENTIRE POST.
Prior to posting, please ensure you have read the rules for this forum. We are following them and encourage you too as well. Secondly, please read this entire thread and search other threads prior to posting. There is a good chance any question you may have has already been addressed. Also read the changelog attached to post #1. Do you get the idea we want you to read? ;) Thanks in advance

Known Bugs specific to this ROM:
None

Known Bugs to EVO 2.2:
- These can be found HERE

How to use the EAS bypass in Mail
The way it works is when you setup your mail, if an EAS policy is in place set it up as you normally would. Once the account is setup and synced, if you want to delete the policy but continue to sync do the following:
1) From your home screen go to Menu > Settings > Security - select device administrators
2) Select the policy and pick deactivate
3) You will be warned that the account will be removed if you deactivate, disregard this.
4) Don't forget to change or disable your lock screen from inside the security menu otherwise the phone will still lock after x minutes.

Reporting an issue
If you identify an issue that's not already listed in the bugs section above please do the following. If you have not done the following we will simply point you back to this section so please help us help you.
1) If you are running a custom kernel do not report the issue until you have gone back to our kernel and can duplicate the issue.
2) If you are running a task killer do not report the issue until you have removed the task killer, rebooted your phone, and can duplicate the issue.
3) If you are having an issue with any app that you download from the market or any other source, please do not report the issue to us. There is a very good chance this has little or nothing to do with the ROM and everything to do with that specific app. You should check to see if others on similar ROM's are having an issue with that app. Check to see if the app dev has a bugs list. check to see if the app is compatible with your version of Android. Email the app dev to see if they are aware. Uninstall and reinstall the app. etc... etc... etc...
4) If you are not on our newest version linked in post #1 AND did not do a full wipe prior to flashing, do not report an issue until you have done so.
5) Duplicate the issue. If you don't know how it happened or how to do it again, neither do we lol
6) Have you rebooted your phone and after reboot can duplicate the issue? If not please do.
7) Post very detailed instructions on how to duplicate the issue, for example:
-Click Menu > Settings > Display
-Un-check "Auto Rotate Screen" then the phone punches me in the face

Bloat Removal
Updated 8/6
Sprint bloat has been moved to data/app for easy removal. Menu> Settings > Applications > Manage applications - Click the sprint bloat and select "uninstall". If there is other stuff you'd like to remove from System/App .....
gbhil has written an excellent how-to that you can follow using SDK (free but requires some setup and some knowledge)
or you can remove stuff straight from your phone (costs about $2 but well worth it and ANYONE can do it)

FAQ
Q) Does 4G work?
A) Yes
Updated 8/2
Q) Can I underclock with this ROM?
A) Absolutely, you will need to follow this great writeup by Android Central member pingpongboss.
Updated 8/6
Q) Does Wireless tether work?
A) Absolutely!
Q) Do i need to flash radios?
A) You don't need to no but why not?
Updated 9/27
Q) Will this ROM fix the FPS issue?
A) Yep
Q) Can I overclock with this ROM?
A) Unfortunately right now you cannot. When HTC is kind enough to grace us with source we will have you OC'ed and UV'ed in no time.
Update 10/18
Q) How do i bypass my companies EAS policy with this mail client?
A) See answer above.
Q) Why did you delete HTCWorldClock.apk, add deskclockgoogle.apk, then point HTCClockWidgets.apk at deskclockgoogle.apk? Seems confusing.
A) We did this to give people more choices. If someone deleted HTCLockScreen.apk to get a vanilla lock screen, the alarm clock will stop working. Because we set it up like this, the alarm clock will work with HTC lock screen and vanilla and because we pointed HTCClockWidgets at deskclockgoogle, when you tap the HTC clock widget it still opens the clock app :) enjoy.

Special Thanks go out to:
Android Central - As if beer and smokes weren't enough, you go and throw Androidcentral.com onto the addiction list lol
gbhil - Not a single person here hasn't benefited from his work with Android. GB contributed the base for the AC LWP, the spare parts app he created, the AC clock widget that takes you directly to this thread, and some other tweaks for us. The list goes on and on and is too long to mention all his help. Thank you sir.
beezy420 - Do you ever sleep? No really .... ever? Nice work dude. I look forward to working on more ROM's with you.
sprintgirl - You did some truly amazing work for this ROM. I do question your judgement though for handing over your EVO to Beezy! Kidding of course :) Thank you
nfinitefx - For all your help, we thank you.
Faster3200 - Faster ported those amazing smooth icons everyone loves that we used for the battery indicator

Last edited:

Ezence01

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
This is great, thank you very much for this. Wish I could contribute, but alas I'm just beginning to learn programming (less than 5 days). Looking forward to flashing this.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: AC-ROM-Froyo 2.2

This is great, thank you very much for this. Wish I could contribute, but alas I'm just beginning to learn programming (less than 5 days). Looking forward to flashing this.

You can contribute, flash it, use it, tell us what you find/think. Help others who may have questions or issues. We appreciate it all.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Titanium backup restore does its job but sense fc's after restoring old 2.1 system settings. But so far I haven't found a single bug. Love you guys.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
So after I did the restore I went to flash the Rom again with no wipe to try to fix the sense problems but the zip completely re-does everything and doesn't just install on top of itself. I haven't found what to restore and what not to restore yet with titanium. Anyone have an idea?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So after I did the restore I went to flash the Rom again with no wipe to try to fix the sense problems but the zip completely re-does everything and doesn't just install on top of itself. I haven't found what to restore and what not to restore yet with titanium. Anyone have an idea?

I'm not sure about what would be okay to restore with titanium,if you have them backed up with a file manager(astro) try restoring with that.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Very exciting to have an AC themed ROM.

I will try this as soon as I get my EVO rerooted. (I just couldnt wait for 2.2)...

Excellent work!

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Well this is because the rom is set to force the wipes to system and data, this was to insure everyone has a clean and proper install, as we all know the boards can fill up quickly with "I installed this and it doesn?t work" scenario's.
I hope you understand, this was done for everyone benefit.
Thanks You

ndrd_ct

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Cool to see some 2.2 roms popping up . I am wondering if any of these roms will come with the 30fps cap fix kernel . I love Toasted Delight with #2 kernel . Everything is so smooth and fast . Fps fix really improved my experience on Evo . So far ive tried this kernel with Ava 2.2 and another rom found here , it doesnt work .

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: AC-ROM-Froyo 2.2

Cool to see some 2.2 roms popping up . I am wondering if any of these roms will come with the 30fps cap fix kernel . I love Toasted Delight with #2 kernel . Everything is so smooth and fast . Fps fix really improved my experience on Evo . So far ive tried this kernel with Ava 2.2 and another rom found here , it doesnt work .

A kernel for 2.1 will not work with 2.2 ROM's. Once HTC releases the source code I'm sure we can do all kinds of fun things but right now It's a waiting game.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Well this is because the rom is set to force the wipes to system and data, this was to insure everyone has a clean and proper install, as we all know the boards can fill up quickly with "I installed this and it doesn’t work" scenario's.
I hope you understand, this was done for everyone benefit.
Thanks You

Definitely understand the reason to do the wipe for us. Is it possible to omit that in the next version so we can flash on top of existing installs? And I have still found no bugs to report. High-five. 4g seems to hold and utilize a connection much better now. Like a ton better. Unless they simultaneously upgraded the 4g coverage at my gf's house. Which I doubt because her clear still sucks since the evo release. And with titanium I have I believe successfully restored everything. I made sure to first only restore only downloaded apps by unchecking system apps and did another restore of just data selected. Seems to be humming along with a linpack score about 38 mflops.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Almost forgot. When I did restore all my on-screen data it doubled everything on top of it self. So I had to go back and drag the extra icons and widgets into the trash.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
All,

Q) Does Wireless tether work?
A) Not only does it work, with the developers permission we've added it for you.

Can anyone confirm or deny that wireless tethering actually works? On most of the roms I have tried there are claims that the tethering works, but was sorely disappointed.

Thanks for allowing us to test the rom.:)