Waiting for see how to root after Froyo official OTA

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Installing Froyo OTA at the sec, and, as i planned, get ready to root my evo after the confirmed root way announced. anyone would like to join me?

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
bump? really?

give it at least a couple days guys.... besides if you was going ot root you should have done it b4 the OTA, easier that way i'm sure

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
bump? really?

give it at least a couple days guys.... besides if you was going ot root you should have done it b4 the OTA, easier that way i'm sure

I know, i do know those adb or simpleRoot apps. just like what i said, waited for a while to see how HTC treat Froyo officially, then try root.

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Then he's SOL

You'll have to use an Original RUU to downgrade... then Root from there...

After thats done load a root 2.2 Rom

It sounds easier then it is...

sounds WAY easier than it is...just load a custom 2.2 that's on here...they work rather well, actually

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
sounds WAY easier than it is...just load a custom 2.2 that's on here...they work rather well, actually

He is right... the custom 2.2's on here work fine

I've loaded it on a few peoples Evo's no issues reported...

I need to start charging my friends to do this krap... It takes away from my COD time :mad:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
He is right... the custom 2.2's on here work fine

I've loaded it on a few peoples Evo's no issues reported...

I need to start charging my friends to do this krap... It takes away from my COD time :mad:

We're all assuming that you can run the original RUU, remember after the last OTA, a new RUU was released...

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Then he's SOL

You'll have to use an Original RUU to downgrade... then Root from there...

After thats done load a root 2.2 Rom

It sounds easier then it is...

For non-rooted EVO, how could i do downgrade? is it that i should download official RUU for android 2.1, rename to Pxxx.zip and put on SD, then reboot by holding volume down, then "upgrade" ?

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For non-rooted EVO, how could i do downgrade? is it that i should download official RUU for android 2.1, rename to Pxxx.zip and put on SD, then reboot by holding volume down, then "upgrade" ?

You can at anytime use the

Eng - PC36.zip to downgrade to original... *Not Stock*

Once your Flashed back down... you can root and unlock Nand with Simple root...

Just follow whatever method you would like to...

Do remember Eng-Hboot is needed for Certain Mods

When you have everything set up properly just flash over one of the many 2.2 Root roms out and your good...

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You can at anytime use the

Eng - PC36.zip to downgrade to original... *Not Stock*

Once your Flashed back down... you can root and unlock Nand with Simple root...

Just follow whatever method you would like to...

Do remember Eng-Hboot is needed for Certain Mods

When you have everything set up properly just flash over one of the many 2.2 Root roms out and your good...

lol =P Fail, that not an RUU bro.

If your not rooted yet, you cant flash that zip. If it was that easy, then we could have done so with the last OTA. So if your applied the OTA you can't downgrade down right now, and the root methods are unconfirmed at best, broken being more likely.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
lol =P Fail, that not an RUU bro.

If your not rooted yet, you cant flash that zip. If it was that easy, then we could have done so with the last OTA. So if your applied the OTA you can't downgrade down right now, and the root methods are unconfirmed at best, broken being more likely.

I know its not... Ruu is on the PC

You know i know what that is

But the PC . zip method would work to... dont play me out now... :p

Thats how i was able to get The Eng Hboot back just Flashed the .zip and then go thru hell...

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Thats how i was able to get The Eng Hboot back just Flashed the .zip and then go thru hell...

The last OTA didn't allow downgrading to the original. It had something to do with how HTC signed the package and no one could ever figure it out.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Right, but you were rooted or were on the original vers. The problem with the RUU's is that they wont work on a newer Hboot, which we cant change unless we are rooted.

So yes, if you are rooted or have never applied any OTA's, then you can flash the ENG Hboot, and do whatever you want.

If you installed the latest OTA, and your are not rooted. You wont be able to flash the ENG Hboot. And you wont be able to use a RUU to downgrade.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I got it done... Remember my Epic Fail Post and the hell i went thru?

I do but what he said ...

Right, but you were rooted or were on the original vers. The problem with the RUU's is that they wont work on a newer Hboot, which we cant change unless we are rooted.

So yes, if you are rooted, then you can flash the ENG Hboot, and do whatever you want.

If you installed the latest OTA, and your are not rooted. You wont be able to flash the ENG Hboot. And you wont be able to use a RUU to downgrade.

It's because you already had root. Without that, root was lost for the new update. That is why people were extremely upset when they got a replacement phone and it came with 1.47. It wasn't until the flash lite security hole was found that root was able to be obtained for the new OTA update.