In search of...Rooted Stock Froyo, with No Sense or HTC Programs...Vanilla FroYo!

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've searched for this on multiple forums, Evo ROM stickies, etc.

Would like a plain vanilla FroYo for the EVO 4G that is rooted. No custom kernels, launchers, themes, etc. Battery life on CM6 is a little iffy so I'd like to avoid that route. I tried Ava's Senseless FroYo but it still has the built in HTC Message/E-Mail/Calendars...

Any guidance? Or is this going to be a "take your current ROM and delete files" exercise?

Ninjak

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I would point you back to CM6 and use the snap 4.cc with it. I run the Matrix live background, weatherbug, push from Exchange and Gmail, Handcent, and of course phone use, and so far I am getting good battery life.

Now I will admit I just pushed this to my phone this morning, but compared to yesterday without snap, I would be at 40% this time of day compared to being at 66% now. Also I have used my phone a bit more today as I am working on a server issue and talking with people more.

Other than that, I do believe someone in the XDA has released a Sense-Less OTA rom, that many have tried. This is the thread. I believe it is the same guy who released the kernel many rooted people are using.

[ROM] [FroYo Fusion 2.3] [Android 2.2 | Latest OTA Update] [Sense and Senseless] - xda-developers

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I would point you back to CM6 and use the snap 4.cc with it. I run the Matrix live background, weatherbug, push from Exchange and Gmail, Handcent, and of course phone use, and so far I am getting good battery life.

Now I will admit I just pushed this to my phone this morning, but compared to yesterday without snap, I would be at 40% this time of day compared to being at 66% now. Also I have used my phone a bit more today as I am working on a server issue and talking with people more.

Other than that, I do believe someone in the XDA has released a Sense-Less OTA rom, that many have tried. This is the thread. I believe it is the same guy who released the kernel many rooted people are using.

[ROM] [FroYo Fusion 2.3] [Android 2.2 | Latest OTA Update] [Sense and Senseless] - xda-developers

Thanks man... I will give CM6 another shot with recommended Snap.

As for the link you provided, that "Senseless" is actually just "Senseless" in terms of Launcher. Still uses the HTC e-mail, calendar, text, phone as the stock Evo (not the actual Android version).

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and Snap also increases speed in certain areas (mostly benchmarks, heh).
Also the FB app might be hogging some of your battery if you use that... recently been confirmed.

My stock 2.1 with OTA was actually VERY good battery. So was Baked Snack. I hope Cyanogen fixes some of the battery issues with RC2... rumored to come out soon?

Ninjak

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmm figured as much. Did not really looked totally into it. One more you could try is the Baked series. I think one of those may be AOSP, but then again it could just have sense removed....

At any rate, CM6 is the only "Pure" one I know of for sure, and its working great for me. BTW its 1700 and with a 30min Qik call, and Internet use, 50%

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... so I tried CM6 with the Snap kernel. Installed fine, set-up fine... Titanium failed on some App back-ups (no big deal). Big issue I had was the amount of heat on my device, seemed way too hot than anything I've experienced before (I probably play with a new ROM a week for perspective). Not too keen on that, got some random FC's... Just not my cup of tea. Guess I'll continue to hold off...

Seems like it'd be a super popular ROM if someone did one!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I kinda wonder why no one has brought over a rooted N1 FROYO ROM for us EVO guys myself. I would run it (at least for a little while). CM6 is good, but I wanna experience vanilla android the way it was meant to be. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa