will rooting my evo make my ps1 ff7 run better?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that after playing snes and ps1 I notice a big problem with the slow downs as the evo can run very well without root. I don't need free WiFi but I would love give to play snes and ps1 ff7 With No Slow downs. Will rooting my phone and applying the kernel fix make the snes and ps1 run better at full speed? Please help with any info, I'm running Froyo 2.2 version 1.3 and have never did a custom Rom before. I'm sorry for thinking rooting is a problem but after seeing even snes run sluggish on my.evo makes me.want to root Only if the custom roms can fix it. I'm not big on games but if snes on evo runs slow with sound then HTC might have f'ed up as xda have fixed a lot of things, thanks everyone for there support.

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
An overclock kernel would make it run better but since your running 2.2 there is no root for it yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait until you get root access with 2.2.

Fixing 30 fps cap might help a lot with the slowdowns. I don't think psx games are fully optimized yet. But gameboid games run well on my evo.
When you're rooted, just get a rom with a 30 fps cap fix or just flash a fix on top of your choice rom.

Though brace yourself for a data wipe.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
SNES and PS1 are pretty hard to emulate.

Set SNES to custom frameskip of 2.

Set the refresh rate of the PS1 emulator to 30.

That's about as good as you'll get. Root will not help.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Removing the frame rate cap will definitely help for the snes games as the evo is easily capable and should hit up to 40 or 50 fps on those games. Not sure how the play station games work but it surely will help some.

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the psx emulator. with the rooted Rom and ovcerclocked kernel and fps unlocked. its only slightly faster. refresh rate set at fifty. so. kinda out of luck for now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys, thanks everybody for your reply. I used to have a PSP hacked but it got stolen. I will deff try playing with the settings to get the max performance out of these Emus.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use bout SNESoid and Psx4droid. Having Froyo does not dramatically fix the slow downs. However, having the 30fps cap lifted makes a huge difference for SNESoid which makes it smoother. Psx4droid still choppy with FPS increased.

Edit: I'm also overclocked at 1.15

Last edited: