Evo Won't charge, see sdcard or be seen by pc

airauto

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The phone worked great for a couple of weeks, but when I was using Rom Manager to load a rom, I got an error and a red triangle. I pulled the battery and started the phone. It couldn't load the sdcard, it wouldn't give me usb options. It did give me a short battery life and no way to use ADB commands. I can't use rom manager or titanium backup or nand to restore backups. I really need help please!

My Evo won't charge unless it is turned off. When the phone is on, the usb won't give me any mode option. Phone doesn't see the sdcard. I've tried three different cards. PC won't see the phone. I have usb debugging checked. Device manager gives me three qualcomm CDMA Technologies and can't find drivers. Downloaded qualcomm drivers. Device manager now shows them as samsung items. Everything on the phone works except for apps using the sdcard. With the vol down and power the phone will read the PC36IMG.zip of the sdcard and load and run it. After rebooting it still doesn't recognize the sdcard. Using fastboot the device manager gives me Android Devices, but I can't use adb commands. I get and error device not found. Any help?

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The phone worked great for a couple of weeks, but when I was using Rom Manager to load a rom, I got an error and a red triangle. I pulled the battery and started the phone. It couldn't load the sdcard, it wouldn't give me usb options. It did give me a short battery life and no way to use ADB commands. I can't use rom manager or titanium backup or nand to restore backups. I really need help please!

My Evo won't charge unless it is turned off. When the phone is on, the usb won't give me any mode option. Phone doesn't see the sdcard. I've tried three different cards. PC won't see the phone. I have usb debugging checked. Device manager gives me three qualcomm CDMA Technologies and can't find drivers. Downloaded qualcomm drivers. Device manager now shows them as samsung items. Everything on the phone works except for apps using the sdcard. With the vol down and power the phone will read the PC36IMG.zip of the sdcard and load and run it. After rebooting it still doesn't recognize the sdcard. Using fastboot the device manager gives me Android Devices, but I can't use adb commands. I get and error device not found. Any help?

[ How-To ] Fix SD card not being detected & USB port not working - xda-developers

This should fix it. Be patient and read the whole thread, you will get it fixed if you do everything it says...and just breathe slowly.

airauto

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've used adb commands when my phone was recognized by the pc, I've tried this thread, but my pc can no longer find the phone to use the commands.

When I enter fastboot my options are
Bootloader
Reboot Reboot Bootloader
Power Down

How do you enter

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I've used adb commands when my phone was recognized by the pc, I've tried this thread, but my pc can no longer find the phone to use the commands.

When I enter fastboot my options are
Bootloader
Reboot Reboot Bootloader
Power Down

How do you enter

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot

Forget what you think you know...rule number one to following a confirmed fix. Read the whole post, then reread it, then reread it again. You missed something. You have to use the terminal emulator to punch on the code. But you have to have the files attached to the post on your SD card first. Which is obviously a problem since you can't...so now you have to figure out how to get those files on your or a card. Wether it be purchasing an adapter and a card reader, or putting the SD card in another phone that can connect and placing them on there. After you get them on there install terminal emulator.

Last edited:

airauto

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
OK, I have the two files extracted and on the sdcard. I called up the terminal emulator and typed
su
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image

at this point I get an error message /sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory

help some more?

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, I have the two files extracted and on the sdcard. I called up the terminal emulator and typed
su

at this point I get an error message /sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory

help some more?

Your best bet is to read through that thread...I can almost guarantee this will be in there. It's only like 16 pages...not big at all. And if you register and use the search feature, you won't have to read the whole thing. Hint...the files on the SD cards need to be .img files.

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
su

help some more?

i believe there was a fix for this in that thread or the pt 2 NAND thread on xda

airauto

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks, I finally got it all working. After a week of learning about ADB, Terminal and Fastboot commands not to mention the structure of the Evo file system, charging, usb and sdcard are all working thanks to everyone contributing to the forum.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks, I finally got it all working. After a week of learning about ADB, Terminal and Fastboot commands not to mention the structure of the Evo file system, charging, usb and sdcard are all working thanks to everyone contributing to the forum.

I'm glad you figured it out! Plus now you have the EVO back to 100%!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers