Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Default There Is NO WAY to Root 2.2 At This Time

I think this should be a sticky here until or if 2.2 gets rooted. We have to many members asking about this. We all know if they would have searched a bit they would have got an answer.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Default Re: There Is NO WAY to Root 2.2 At This Time

That's why it should be in big bold letters in the blog. Don't OTA if you want to root. We are getting so many new android owners everyday that not all are going to know not to take the OTA. And you should be a little more clear. 2.2 is rooted. I am running the official 2.2 rooted version right now. It is after you accept the official OTA that you are boned on rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    I think this should be a sticky here until or if 2.2 gets rooted. We have to many members asking about this. We all know if they would have searched a bit they would have got an answer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Don't mess with me, I haven't had my Tratonin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post

totally agreed. i suggested this in another thread but everyone just said it won't fix the problem. it might not fix but it will definitely make a difference, i think. esp for newbs who don't know much and are trying to root using root methods for before ota.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Sticky please.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Agreed. I am newish here and asked the same thing. I unfortunately did the OTA and must wait. This should be a sticky in slot #1. It's probably the biggest question out for the 2.2 updated at the moment.
    HTC EVO 4G - 07/29/10

John Ensign

C++; C#; Java; PHP; MySQL.
    Banned

Good post

ROM
    CM10 nightly/CleanROM 2.4

Too bad I was too excited for the froyo update to read this before hand....now I wait for the geniuses to crack this, and thank them for their hard work

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Default Re: There Is NO WAY to Root 2.2 At This Time

Totally agree here. Seems it takes longer than last time OTA.Hope we can see confirmed way to root soon

Sent from my PC36100

200,000 new users a day! i hate when someone gets mad at a newbie who asks "just did the ota now how do i root?" good post!
    sticky please
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by EVOLICIOUS View Post
    200,000 new users a day! i hate when someone gets mad at a newbie who asks "just did the ota now how do i root?" good post!
    sticky please
    I'm one of those that sometimes can't understand why people do not search first. But with this perspective I can get it. Plus most of them just punch in questions in Google search and it brings them here...and they are really, really excited and know nothing about the phone, so want it answered...NOW! Stick this bad boy for a bit.
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0
    Rooted Stock 3.29.651.5 (Froyo)

There should also be a 3 day mandatory reading session before being alowed to post as well. So far every question I have ever had has been answered in one forum or another not that they are not good questions but most have been answered many times over. I vote to sticky this post as well

Please sticky. If I had seen this when I got my EVO, you can believe that Froyo would have never made it onto my phone. So now I'm praying for the mod gods to find a way to root this puppy.