Need 2.2 root due to Sprint

todivefor

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been running Burnt Droid (Froyo) on my EVO. I was doing a Titanium backup yesterday and the phone rebooted and then went into a boot loop. Ran many nand restores, sometimes could get it running and others not. After a day of playing, finally figured out it was a heat issue. If I took the battery out and let it sit for awhile, I could get it to run for awhile. Ran stock RUU to get ready to take back. Same issue. Took to Sprint and they said I needed to update to 2.2. Tried to convince them the lack of update had nothing to do with this. I updated reluctantly. My only hope is new device will not be updated. I am so tired of dealing with support.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Aww, that sucks, surprised you didn't reload your own ROM and test the heat/battery issues that way.

I'm sure when 2.2 is finally rooted (I'm not impatient, just newish to android and ready to be more bold with it) I'm sure it'll be the top headline on all the various Android forums and XDA. When it happens we'll know. ;)

todivefor

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks LJ. Knew that, that's why I was bummed. Updated 2.2 and issue is even worse. Hope the update is not applied to new phone.

I tried all roms I had with same result.

See what Sprint has to say tomorrow.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately your new evo will most likely come with 2.2 pre-installed. However regardless do not let them set up your phone in store. Watch them activate it, but dont let them install any updates. If they give you a hard time, you can activate it yourself over the phone by calling *2 from your pre.

Best of luck!

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I was going to start a new thread but maybe one of u guys know the answer.
Can i run a ruu to get back to 2.1 then root and update?

anon(9438)

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can now root Froyo! Just go here for directions to downgrade, root, forever root, and upgrade: [GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers. Works really well. It does wipe your phone and is a little time consuming, but if you're up to it (and you really should be if you are going to mess with root) it works flawlessly. Plus using unrevoked forever means you'll always be able to regain root after an update (RUU or OTA)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac