Transfering NAND backup to a new EVO

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I broke my EVO's screen a few weeks ago. It works fine but it will be getting it replaced soon (when some are available). My question is, has anyone tried restoring a NAND backed up to the SD card to a different EVO that it was created from?

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a thread somewhere that had the same question.

I personally wouldn't try it (just scared) lol, but you could try. If it doesn't work, I don't believe it would cause any major problems, maybe no problems at all.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I broke my EVO's screen a few weeks ago. It works fine but it will be getting it replaced soon (when some are available). My question is, has anyone tried restoring a NAND backed up to the SD card to a different EVO that it was created from?

You can do it but you have to change the serial number on the folder inside the nadroid folder to match up with the serial of the new phone.To get that just open command prompt and type (adb devices) change the folder to match that and your good to go.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Beezy, needed info.

NP.Just think about it like this a nadroid is a personal rom made by your phone for your phone. You can tranfer it to any evo but usually people don't share them cause it contains all your personal data.

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
NP.Just think about it like this a nadroid is a personal rom made by your phone for your phone. You can tranfer it to any evo but usually people don't share them cause it contains all your personal data.

Yeah, I had no clue about the serial number

So are we cool or what?

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this works as well...I got a new phone...flashed my the rom I had on before, and I just had to load the phone up with ADB and it gave me the serial and I changed it on the folder on my SD card and went off without a hitch!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173