My First ROM...

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone rooted with Nand, have created a Stock Rom backup in Rom Manager, and read all the threads but would like a recommendation on a my first ROM or maybe 2-3 I should try out. Better battery would be a plus, a light version that I can get email, phone calls, messages, internet, use the camera and gps would be enough.

Also recommendations on removing Bloatware?

Only other concern is that I have is after downloading the file folder do I unzip it or just move it to my SD card as is? Also does it go in Clockwork folder or just to the SD card with all the other folders?

This is my first Android phone and I am just learning. Thanks in advance for helping out a noob.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone rooted with Nand, have created a Stock Rom backup in Rom Manager, and read all the threads but would like a recommendation on a my first ROM or maybe 2-3 I should try out. Better battery would be a plus, a light version that I can get email, phone calls, messages, internet, use the camera and gps would be enough.

Also recommendations on removing Bloatware?

Only other concern is that I have is after downloading the file folder do I unzip it or just move it to my SD card as is? Also does it go in Clockwork folder or just to the SD card with all the other folders?

This is my first Android phone and I am just learning. Thanks in advance for helping out a noob.

As for rom there's a pretty good one at the top of the page http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/26247-rom-ac-rom-froyo-2-2-a.html there's a lite version.

To remove bloat a great guide here http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/15702-how-removing-sprint-bloatware-root.html

To flash a rom.Download the zip,place the zip on root of sdcard(don't opent the zip). Then reboot into recovery,select flash zip from sdcard find the zip you downloaded and flash it.(all roms usually have a how to on the first post,just make sure to read whatever the dev says o read and follow and you should be okay.)

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When you get the pay version of ROM Manager it says they have a list of ROMs can these be downloaded straight to your phone or do you have to place on SD card?

you get the list, you click the rom, and it will download it and install it for you. even offer to make you a back up, isn't that nice of it? ^_^

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh I have a MAJOR question I do not want to touch anything until I make sure. The backup I made that is on the SD card is under a folder called Clockwork and subfolder Backups. Can I rename the file? It is listed under the date and I kind of want to list them by name ie Stock Rom, Froyo, (and then later on DamageControl, BakedSnack etc).

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
DO NOT RENAME THE FILE!

i dont even name them when clock work asks me for the name.

if you rename it, the md5 sum wont match and you'll be SOL. There might be a fix but... i wouldnt touch it with a 20' pole.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
DO NOT RENAME THE FILE!

i dont even name them when clock work asks me for the name.

if you rename it, the md5 sum wont match and you'll be SOL. There might be a fix but... i wouldnt touch it with a 20' pole.

I rename mine all the time (I shouldn't say all the time, but I have done a few times) using ROM Manager. It must change the md5 automatically. I have not had any problems restoring from any of my renamed backups, and I just tried a few to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol