Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

    You guys were right all along... No point in not rooting. My Evo is a killing machine now!

    The process went better than I expected with a few slight hiccups. And more hiccups to come I'm sure. Simple Root worked like a charm except for the fact I had to hunt down .NET framework and such. I was completely sure that I was going to end up bricking my phone... But nope... This Goat did it.

    So now I've flashed CM6 and only have a couple of questions that I couldn't seem to find when I was hounding around...

    1. This is supposed to be the "stable" build... Which it is. I never have apps crashing or anything of that nature...

    But why does my signal strength stink so bad? I flashed the latest radios and such... I just don't understand... Do I need to flash over to AC Rom to get my PRI updated?

    2. Visual Voicemail. Can it be done on CM6?

    3. The stock Kernal that came with CM6 seems to be pretty beastly on battery life and kills the FPS cap... So I'm not really seeing a reason to flash a new kernel... But am I shooting myself in the foot by not doing so?
    Thanked by:
    PhilR8 
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

    The title of this thread ftw
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  3. #3  
    limitproof's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

    Default

    whats the kernal that comes with CM6, Snap v8?

    and do you mean "pretty beastly on battery life" as a postive like you are getting very good battery life? and what FPS are you getting?
  4. #4  
    imtravis's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

    Default

    My Evo is a killing machine, but that's because I can use it to beat people senseless...
  5. #5  
    abrown00's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

    Default

    ^^^Isn't that hard on the kickstand?
  6. #6  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrown00 View Post
    ^^^Isn't that hard on the kickstand?
    You have a point...

    I Beat my friend Senseless yesterday with my Evo and the Kickstand Kept Poppin out... *Bump wasn't working Well*
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Beastly = Much better battery life than I had when using stock.

    My Kernel = 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxgene#1

    So am I the only one experiencing signal strength issues? Maybe it's just that stock sense was lying about how many bars I actually had in reality.

    No VVM?

    Sorry about all my silly language last night. I was on a caffeine binge and was obviously REALLY excited about rooting my phone.

    My fps average around 50.
  8. #8  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Beastly = Much better battery life than I had when using stock.

    My Kernel = 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxgene#1

    So am I the only one experiencing signal strength issues? Maybe it's just that stock sense was lying about how many bars I actually had in reality.

    No VVM?

    Sorry about all my silly language last night. I was on a caffeine binge and was obviously REALLY excited about rooting my phone.

    My fps average around 50.

    U want VVM? How bad do you want VVM? Bad Enough to Click on my Smiley? ->
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    U want VVM? How bad do you want VVM? Bad Enough to Click on my Smiley? ->


    Woo hoo! I be one happy Goat! Thanks!

    One problem down, one to go.
    HTC Evo fully Rooted using rollback to 2.1 method--->Simple Root--->Clock Work Recovery/Rom Manager

    Rom:CyanogenMod-6.0.0/Kernel: 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1/Launcher: LauncherPro

    = One Happy Goat!
  10. #10  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Woo hoo! I be one happy Goat! Thanks!

    One problem down, one to go.
    Whats the other problem?
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Whats the other problem?
    Fairly bad signal strength. I've flashed the latest radio and such, but my data seems a tad slower than it was when using stock, and I'm occasionally dropping 3G in my apartment which never happened when I ran stock.
    HTC Evo fully Rooted using rollback to 2.1 method--->Simple Root--->Clock Work Recovery/Rom Manager

    Rom:CyanogenMod-6.0.0/Kernel: 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1/Launcher: LauncherPro

    = One Happy Goat!
  12. #12  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Fairly bad signal strength. I've flashed the latest radio and such, but my data seems a tad slower than it was when using stock, and I'm occasionally dropping 3G in my apartment which never happened when I ran stock.
    Hmm... Make a Backup

    Reflash one of your Stock Backups update your profile and PRL then Flash back to CM6


    that should help
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  13. #13  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Hey if i was you id get the snap v8.2 kerne l and flash it right over your cm6 like i do with my nightlys. just look at my benchmarks. AND improved battery.

    [Kernel] CM6-Snapv8.2 [BFS/UUV/OC/nHAVS] Available Now! New SNAPpapers App! - xda-developers

    theres a bunch of options on witch 8.2 too pick, id choose the 850 one. its the most stable for me, but if its not stable for you go up in number, not down.


    OH and as for dropping 3g to 2g edge in your notification bar, you were dropping it before but sense doesnt have a 2g sign for the notification bar, so it never shows up (tricky bastards)
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  14. #14  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Hey if i was you id get the snap v8.2 kerne l and flash it right over your cm6 like i do with my nightlys. just look at my benchmarks. AND improved battery.

    [Kernel] CM6-Snapv8.2 [BFS/UUV/OC/nHAVS] Available Now! New SNAPpapers App! - xda-developers

    theres a bunch of options on witch 8.2 too pick, id choose the 850 one. its the most stable for me, but if its not stable for you go up in number, not down.
    Yea this is all true except it won't Solve his Reception issue...

    do what I said First before you dive into the Kernel Mayhem
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  15. #15  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Yea this is all true except it won't Solve his Reception issue...

    do what I said First before you dive into the Kernel Mayhem
    Look at my edit in the other post. jus sayin.

    But it may be he needs to update to the 1.40 PRI, i was gettin shotty 3G until i upgaded to 1.40 PRI.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  16. #16  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Look at my edit in the other post. jus sayin.

    But it may be he needs to update to the 1.40 PRI, i was gettin shotty 3G until i upgaded to 1.40 PRI.
    That PRI Krap is a load of well Krap...

    I have no Issues with 1.34 Im good
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  17. #17  
    trooper54's Avatar

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

    Default

    keep in mind not every one has your phone and lives in your area dex

    try the pri update, if that doesn't work than theres probably not too much else... but it doesn't sound rooting related at the point.

    "In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"


    I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
  18. #18  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    That PRI Krap is a load of well Krap...

    I have no Issues with 1.34 Im good
    Your a load of krap! haha.
    People say its placebo effect for the PRI, but i was getting 500's on speakeasy speed test and now i get 1.1k, take that to the bank.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  19. #19  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Your a load of krap! haha.
    People say its placebo effect for the PRI, but i was getting 500's on speakeasy speed test and now i get 1.1k, take that to the bank.
    My buttDyno Says different...

    And yes I know Not everyone can have an Epic Evo like mine
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  20. #20  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    My buttDyno Says different...

    And yes I know Not everyone can have an Epic Evo like mine
    LOL
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

    You guys rock so much.

    I went ahead and flashed over to a Sense backup I had and updated my profile and PRL, seems to have already helped some.

    I'm starting to think that the signal issue was a placebo effect. It's just that Sense lied to me about my bars. I never really kept my eye on dbm too much, so I don't have any hard data to compare. The updated PRL and Profile are already keeping my 3G from crapping out on me.

    I may hold up on the kernel stuff for just a bit. I just want to enjoy my rooted phone that runs ultra fast and saves battery for a bit. Getting my phone to the point it's at took about 8 hours of research and tinkering. Wouldn't have been possible without all the awesome info you guys had for me. And the unlocked fps is just blowing my eyes into the back of my head with it's beauty.

    This is a hell of a community that I am extremely proud to be a part of now.
    HTC Evo fully Rooted using rollback to 2.1 method--->Simple Root--->Clock Work Recovery/Rom Manager

    Rom:CyanogenMod-6.0.0/Kernel: 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1/Launcher: LauncherPro

    = One Happy Goat!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

    Now I'm lost, I have no idea how to update the PRI. I may hold up on that just a bit though.
    HTC Evo fully Rooted using rollback to 2.1 method--->Simple Root--->Clock Work Recovery/Rom Manager

    Rom:CyanogenMod-6.0.0/Kernel: 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1/Launcher: LauncherPro

    = One Happy Goat!
  23. #23  

    Default

    Now you need to get "set CPU" from the market to overclock a little and then you really see the fruits of your labor!

    Welcome to the club! Freedom is a good feeling isn't it?
    US Cellular Samsung GS3

    Rooted and Ready!
  24. #24  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bagger View Post
    Now you need to get "set CPU" from the market to overclock a little and then you really see the fruits of your labor!

    Welcome to the club! Freedom is a good feeling isn't it?
    Ha! I laugh at your From the Market statement...

    Cough Cough... Easter eggs...


    If you look on XDA the Dev actually has it up for free...

    If you wish to Donate I actually urge you to... He's an Awesome Dev...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Your a load of krap! haha.
    People say its placebo effect for the PRI, but i was getting 500's on speakeasy speed test and now i get 1.1k, take that to the bank.
    I agree with your post. I was getting in the low 500's and updated my pri and now im getting well over 1000. So it works....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions