EVO to Epic Hackers

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering if any one will be either switching over, or playing with both platforms.

I found out i can get 185 for my evo at bestbuy (only available if you bought it there).

I played with the Epic in store today, and i think the samsung touchwiz or whatever is better than sense. And supposedly its a better processor.

Teetering on switching.

Let me know what you guys think.

-LJ

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts are in line with yours but... By the time I'm eligible for an upgrade next year, who knows what kinda phones will be out there. So I'm gonna sit tight.

Besides do they even have any roms yet?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I found many games that now run on my Evo thanks to Cyanogen's roms... so I really find no reason to jump over. The keyboard is added bulk, but the screen does look nice.

I would check XDA's developer thread on the EPIC.
I'm just gonna' say that the Evo is getting much more support than any other phone on XDA...
Evo and N1 have been dominating XDA. Oh, and HD2... lol.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I would play with an EPIC if it were to be donated (I wouldn't pay for it) but my home is and will continue to be HTC devices. You will not find a better hacking/development community for any device over an HTC.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you decide to make the jump (which I wouldn't) then sell your phone on e-Bay or Craigslist or wherever. I have no doubt you can get more than $185 for it elsewhere.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I would stick with the EVO. Support modding community.

Actually....I just dont want to see you leave us, LJ.

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i would never leave you guys! new phone or not! if beezy can do his awesomeness without an evo, i'm sure i could keep up my little work also.

the epic community needs modders too ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2