Just got the EVO and have some questions...

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got the EVO last night and I'm trying to get used to it. I have some questions as I do want to root and install the Vaelpak rom onto it.
I need to transfer my number from my palm pre to the HTC and the HTC's number to the Palm Pre. Can this be done over the phone and can it be done if it has a different rom and kernal on it?

Also....any information I put into the phone such as calendar or contact entries...pre rooting/rom will those stay on post root/rom or will I have to reenter everything again? I just want to avoid the extra work if I'll just have to do it all over again.

TIA guys!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to call Sprint and have them do that swap for the numbers.

As far as contacts and calendar stuff if you use google it will back up to their servers, so you should just have to log back in after you root and flash a ROM to get that info back. I have never backed up my contacts to anything other than google and everytime I flash and log back in to google my contacts are downloaded automatically. It's supposed to be the same for the calendar but I don't use that enough to say I have experience with it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. and then go into settings-->accounts and sync and make sure you have auto sync set. You can tell it sync, too. Then go into people and hit menu-->view and see where the check marks are. It will tell you how many contacts you have in google.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it does, but like I said I don't use the calendar much. I went through my EVO to explain where the sync settings are so I'm not sure why yours would be different.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
even if your contacts are only loaded onto the phone and not to your Google account, which not sure why you wouldn't want them in the cloud but i digress, there is a feature to export them from your phone onto your SDcard so you can later import them back into the phone.

People > Menu > Import/Export

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams