Help Please!! -Unrevoked 3.21!!

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please help I keep getting "failed to flash recovery image" every time I go throug the process on the Beta Test 3.21. Everyone seems to be having success.

I no that I have the bootloader installed and the phone is definetly on "charge only" mode when I try to use the program.

I know for a fact that there is no HTC Synce or anything downloaded to my computer that could hurt it because I am on a brand new computer.

What am I missing..is there something else that I need to download to my computer or phone to make it work?

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
You need to download in and install HTC Sync, then uninstall it once it has finished. Go into control panel and then "add/remove programs". There will be two entries for HTC Sync. One is the program and the other is a driver package. Keep the driver package but uninstall the program. That sounds like your missing link. You should be able to root fine afterward.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you have USB debugging checked?

Settings > applications > development

Seems you didnt mention that part thats the only thing I can think of for your failure.

I rooted successfully with the beta 3.21 without having to have the HTC sync drivers installed, just installed the HBOOT windows drivers (although I was on parallels Win 7)

Good luck!

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

Seems you didnt mention that part thats the only thing I can think of for your failure.

I rooted successfully with the beta 3.21 without having to have the HTC sync drivers installed, just installed the HBOOT windows drivers (although I was on parallels Win 7)

Good luck!

Good call. I'd actually be willing to bet that is his problem.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Good luck!

Yes..I have that checked but it still doesn't work. I guess I just have to wait for the app to be created..:(

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you on stock 2.2 currently? I know this sounds dumb, but I have seen some people trying to run this and already on custom roms for some reason.

I just ran it and worked flawlessly for me

swgator13

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am one of the few, it seems, that is running stock group. I upgraded and now want to root. I have a Mac and need to know the best way to accomplish this. Is there an easier way to fully root without having to downgrade to 2.1? I am very green to all this rooting/custom ROM stuff and can't find a way to root with a Mac so I can wireless tether (this is 90% the reason I want to root in the first place).

Thanks.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you want to make life easier. grab an XP machine from a friend or do at work. Will take you literally 5 mins to get this done.

I purposely did it on my XP work machine rather then my Win7 machine because I didnt want to screw around with drivers the whole time.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please help I keep getting "failed to flash recovery image" every time I go throug the process on the Beta Test 3.21. Everyone seems to be having success.

I no that I have the bootloader installed and the phone is definetly on "charge only" mode when I try to use the program.

I know for a fact that there is no HTC Synce or anything downloaded to my computer that could hurt it because I am on a brand new computer.

What am I missing..is there something else that I need to download to my computer or phone to make it work?

Maybe if you can't root correctly using a one click method, rooting isn't for you?

Especially since a method that for sure works is posted about 3 posts up, but take a little longer.

ps. sync has no "e" in it =P

Last edited:

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I just rooted my stock 2.2 using unrevoked beta and it worked great. But I had to set the sd card to disk drive mode, not charge only. Perhaps that's the problem.

----
Sent from my HTC Evo 4G because it WAS the droid I was looking for.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my stock 2.2 using unrevoked beta and it worked great. But I had to set the sd card to disk drive mode, not charge only. Perhaps that's the problem.

----
Sent from my HTC Evo 4G because it WAS the droid I was looking for.

glad you made the jump!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech