SetCPU profile suggestions

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
I just rooted my EVO on Friday, and flashed Baked Snack 1.7 w/ Kernal #6. Does anybody have any setcpu profile suggestions. Right now, I have:

Charging/Full: 1152max, 245min,
Screen Off: 384max, 245min

both are set to conservative. Essentially what I want to do is OC when the screen is on, and UC when the screen is off. Did I accomplish that with those 2 profiles? Suggestions?

notasimpleway

Jan 30, 2010
www.kencaruthers.com
Personally, I don't use SetCPU and especially not profiles when I did. The kernel scales the CPU for you when the phone sleeps anyways so when you turn the screen off it should scale down. And I don't see a point in overclocking for a mere 10%. The return does not justify the battery drain. With SetCPU, I tend to see my battery drain faster. Unless you limit the higher freq to less than 1Ghz. Like On Demand 245-768Mhz. No profiles.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Here's a look at what I've got, and I'm using the exact same ROM/kernal combination. I am VERY satisfied with battery life/speed:

snap20100914_133443.png
snap20100914_133454.png

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I meant to start a thread and ask a question but since this thread already exists I thought I'd ask here:

Is set cpu necessary if you are on baked snack 1.7 w/ kernel #6 i thought it was already overclocked by default? If someone could explain what the benefit of having the setcpu and setting up is, I would appreciate it.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I meant to start a thread and ask a question but since this thread already exists I thought I'd ask here:

Is set cpu necessary if you are on baked snack 1.7 w/ kernel #6 i thought it was already overclocked by default? If someone could explain what the benefit of having the setcpu and setting up is, I would appreciate it.

The benefit would be that by default you won't be underclocked or be able to set up any battery-saving or temperature saving profiles. In addition if you wanted to test even higher frequencies its possible.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
One question.

I use AppBrain to back up my apps, if I buy SetCPU and flash another rom and wipe everything, will it remember I paid for it?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
One question.

I use AppBrain to back up my apps, if I buy SetCPU and flash another rom and wipe everything, will it remember I paid for it?

Yes, cause you buy it through the market and those purchases are tied to your google account.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I started playing with this yesterday too.
Im running the NetArchy kernal. I set mine up like PingPong's post he made to see how it does.
I havent seen too much of a battery save yet, but I been tinkering with diff things last night running quadrants and such and making changes and wasnt fully charged. So maybe in a few days it will show up better

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie