SD card permission errors after rooting

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some help. I rooted using the downgrade to 2.1 then simpleroot. My first rom was vaelpak and I loved it but I started getting sd card permission errors. I couldn't take pics with the camera. If I restarted I could use it for a time or two then it would come back.

I thought it might be the rom so I reflashed and still had it. I also formatted my sd card as some others suggested and that didn't work. I flashed cyanogen and baked snack and still had the sd issues.

Any advice? Could I be missing an upgrade? I know this was an early issue with some evo owners. Could my sd card or phone be bad and need an exchange.

I'm feeling like the phone is a bit crippled now and want to get it back.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If it did it with different ROM's it sounds like an SD card problem. Do you have another one you can try?

EDIT: Did you get the Sandisk one or the Samsung one with the phone?

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just checked and I have the sandisk. I'll see if I can find one to try out.

Once I get it working do I need to do a new nand backup? My card was formatted trying to figure this all out.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just checked and I have the sandisk. I'll see if I can find one to try out.

Once I get it working do I need to do a new nand backup? My card was formatted trying to figure this all out.

Yes you will need to do another backup. Sandisk cards are kinda notorious for going bad.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Will Sprint return just the SD card? I've never dealt with them in that way. Just curious if I have to totally unroot my phone before I take it in to a store and then have them get me a new card, and then reroot the whole thing again.

Anyone's experience would be helpful.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure how they handle the bad SD cards. Just give the service center a call and ask them if they have to return the whole phone or will just swap the card.