Best Rom For the Evo

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
IF you like CM6 but want all the functionality, then you can try the EvoNonsens4.3.1 ROM. It feels just like Cyanogen but still has Sense under the hood, so everything works. It's my daily driver and it's rock solid. I am now using the CM7 with Wimax ROM. 4G is working, and I have run fixes for the GPS and MMS issues, so they are now working. Only thing missing is HDMI, but I don't use it so it's not a loss for me. Gingerbread is awesome, especially with almost everything working!

Here's a link to the EvoNonsense ROM:
[ROM]EVO-NonSense(UPDATED 1/22-Gingerbread Elements,OTA 3.70.651.1 - xda-developers

Here's the link for the CM7+Wimax ROM:
[ROM][WIP][gginggerbread-2] - Wimax for CyanogenMod 7! ginger wimax is such a slut. - xda-developers

Just curious, did you get the liquid metal ROM running? It looks really cool but I got stuck in a boot loop every time I flashed it. Lots of things still not working in it though, so not sure it would be a daily driver for me.

There are tons of AOSP ROMs based on the Sprint/HTC base out there. Just curious... what makes this one special?

Or you can take any Sense ROM and use Calk's mod to strip Sense from it.

I thought the point of using CM was speed, not the AOSP look--or at least that's the reason for me.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've only tried sprintlovers, myns warm, and miui. I like myn's and miui, been running miui for a couple weeks now. Myn's would seem to me to be more stable, not in regards to r
ebooting, more in regards to system settings being more reliable like bluetooth and ffc. There are work arounds with miui to get some things working, like trying different kernels.

weinerwad3000

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Asking what the best ROM for the EVO is like a man asking whats the best car for him and someone saying a Lamborghini Revent?n, but little do they know he is a single father with 4 kid who lives in Canada and needs a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Thank you for your pointless info. All of this info is a given. Instead of posting stupid **** maybe you should point out the differences between different roms. I will be trying out different roms and I will give my input on how they differ.

This is what I meant to do OrangeGTP

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Another for myn's. I have Sprint users on my wife. So if you want a step above stock run Sprint users. If you want want the top sence Rom get myn's. Anything more won't have sence.

Sent from my EvO using Tapatalk

treyrey86

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally I have been using AVA-FROYO and it hasnt let me down. After reading this post i am thinking about trying out myns ROM....but i believe the best way to find out what is best for you is to get out there and flash some ROMS and make sure you have a good nandroid backup....see what you like and go from there.
Good Luck with you search!

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i have been running Ava Z3 with Calkulins kernel tweak and i love it .... my battery life is awesome and the speed of the rom is great but after reading on CM7 im thinking of trying it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo