Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need HELP!!

I currently have a second hand htc evo 4g that is flashed to work on a service other than sprint (have seen it referred to as an unlock to a different carrier) . I am wondering about installing a new rom, but I do not want to tamper with this flash. Will installing a custom rom unflash my phone?

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: I need HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by puffiestpanda View Post
    I currently have a second hand htc evo 4g that is flashed to work on a service other than sprint (have seen it referred to as an unlock to a different carrier) . I am wondering about installing a new rom, but I do not want to tamper with this flash. Will installing a custom rom unflash my phone?
    Do you mean unlocked? This means you can put other sim cards in there. Flashing a rom will override the unlock. You will have to unlock it afterwards again.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!