Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 28 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Default Evo HDMI out mirroring?

Is this a hardware or a software issue? Do you think that someone could hack HDMI out to mirror what's on the screen of the Evo on the TV?

---

Orrebmas is a stud! Congrats HERE is the first public beta for sense roms, root is needed. Also some the modules and such are needed, so flash THIS after installing the .apk.

WOOT!
    Last edited by igotsanevo4g; 02-26-2011 at 02:19 PM.

I'm just hoping for some HDMI apps soon.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Its supposedly getting worked on.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Thank goodness! At least it's not a hardware incapability.

So who is working on it?? This is the only thing that so far I don't like about the EVO. I really want to be able to watch sprint tv on my TV, just for ESPN mobile. But it sucks that the function is not really fully utilized.

I read in another forum or post here, that the maker of 'Real HDMI' is getting an Evo and will be working on this.

Would love to have the Screen on my TV and use the EVO as a touchpad.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Hey ... What article or forum did you see where the guy was working on the full hemisphere control ? I would like to keep up with the work being done on it. This is one of the things that would rock if I could get decent playback of the movies downloaded to my phphone or maybe a little Justin tv or adthe...

Just got my EVO so I am still learning. Are you guys saying that the HDMI out doesn't show TV? I was thinking aabout getting Slingbox and using my phone to be able to watch my tv at camp thru my phone and an HDMI cable. It sounds like that won't work.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Guess this thread is hitting a dead end ? I dont see anywhere that Gman is working on an app for the EVO ? Anybody know of anyone else that may be working on this ?

Correct, it won't work.

HTC crippled the HDMI out feature to only allow personal movies you made on your Evo using the built in camera and photos to use the HDMI out port.

Individual applications can enable it but other than that it is a wasted port. I am sure someone will 'fix' this issue one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by thomlanphear View Post
    Just got my EVO so I am still learning. Are you guys saying that the HDMI out doesn't show TV? I was thinking aabout getting Slingbox and using my phone to be able to watch my tv at camp thru my phone and an HDMI cable. It sounds like that won't work.

There's a few apps outside of the gallery app that can use the hdmi function. MediaFly, TV.com, Rock Player just to name a few. There's definitely a way to get all media to play someone just needs to mess around with it.... Surprised nobody has..

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    There's a few apps outside of the gallery app that can use the hdmi function. MediaFly, TV.com, Rock Player just to name a few. There's definitely a way to get all media to play someone just needs to mess around with it.... Surprised nobody has..
    We be lazy thats why we havent yet...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    We be lazy thats why we havent yet...
    haha. I wish I knew how to do all this **** man!! I have SOOO Much time in my hands it's not even funny. I've been on workers comp since december lol. Had the surgery in June and wont be back to work (though not fully recovered) sometime next month. I can get so much **** done but I don't know how to do the really heavy stuff.. grrrr Someone teach me ! LOL

ROM

haha. I wish I knew how to do all this **** man!! I have SOOO Much time in my hands it's not even funny. I've been on workers comp since december lol. Had the surgery in June and wont be back to work (though not fully recovered) sometime next month. I can get so much **** done but I don't know how to do the really heavy stuff.. grrrr Someone teach me ! LOL
    Tons of info on XDA brotha... Just Sayin' Everything you need is there...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Tons of info on XDA brotha... Just Sayin' Everything you need is there...
    Ya I gotta troll myself over to xda more often. I'm never on it. Got flamed hard for asking if anyone plans on improving the hd recording to I skee skeeded my way outta there and haven't been there since.

ROM

Ya I gotta troll myself over to xda more often. I'm never on it. Got flamed hard for asking if anyone plans on improving the hd recording to I skee skeeded my way outta there and haven't been there since.
    lol was i part of that flaming? haha
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Lmao don't tthink so.

ROM

Lmao don't tthink so.
    K Kool...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

So everything is at a stand still ? I was really hoping there would be more interest in it . I would love to be able to use Swarm to download a movie and then plug it in where ever I go just plug and play . That would be awesome. I sent Gman a mesage just to check , but I know he haas his hands full..

All is not completely lost. The developer of the rom I use is looking into working on the HDMI after he gets some other stuff done. It would he nice if HTC did this though. Not everything should be left to developers ..

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Well any news is good news ... So you mean Vaelek might possibly look into it ? I agree HTC could have done a little more , but hopefully something can be done. I will keep checking and stoking the fires if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Well any news is good news ... So you mean Vaelek might possibly look into it ? I agree HTC could have done a little more , but hopefully something can be done. I will keep checking and stoking the fires if need be.
    Yup. I've spoken to him about it before. He has a pretty good idea where to look at too. He just hasn't had the time to really get into it. He's working on some other awesomeness at the moment lol
    Thanked by:

So many smiley faces, so many disappoints.

it will happen sooner rather later I'm sure. I have a media PC hooked up to my TV and am using a software which mirrors my EVO directly onto the TV. It is in it's infancy so the FPS suck (no really ... like 10 FPS) and has some other bugs but is quite fun when you want to sit on the couch and have a 30+ inch EVO across from you
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
Page 1 of 28 1234 ... LastLast