Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OTA update for fps(for rooted users) clockwork

I wanted to start a thread for clockwork users that are rooted. I have yet to do the update but I have downloaded the zip. I am wondering if I am getting 53fps without the update do I need to....if so how do you with clockwork? Thx

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Suge White View Post
    I wanted to start a thread for clockwork users that are rooted. I have yet to do the update but I have downloaded the zip. I am wondering if I am getting 53fps without the update do I need to....if so how do you with clockwork? Thx
    My buddy just flashed this over and he says its very quick...

True FPS Unlock I would like to say?

Not doubling up FPS like the other kernels do...

I could be wrong but he says its as fast or quicker then when he used CM6
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    My buddy just flashed this over and he says its very quick...

True FPS Unlock I would like to say?

Not doubling up FPS like the other kernels do...

I could be wrong but he says its as fast or quicker then when he used CM6
    Steps? Thx

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Steps? Thx
    Just flash this ROM:

I've been using it since last night and it''s working great.
    Thanked by:
    d3xn2o 

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

So can the OTA HTC update be applied on top of clockwork or is a new ROM the only way?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    So can the OTA HTC update be applied on top of clockwork or is a new ROM the only way?
    kd0axs just posted the link to the Rooted Version...

Lets not start this OTA krap again we should all know never to do an OTA always wait for the Devs to Release a root version...

Thx for posting the link kd0axs
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Sounds like some who manually installed on top of latest unrevoked worked OK. But is the phone still rooted after applied?

I just did it this way and appear to have lost root and the custom recovery, going to try to reapply Unrevoked now.

Sounds like some who manually installed on top of latest unrevoked worked OK. But is the phone still rooted after applied?

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB on both (rooted)

Is the update.zip the same thing as the OTA in the sense that we will lose root? Over on the official thread people were saying that they were rooted using unrevoked3, got unrooted due to the update, and re-rooted using unrevoked3.
    My question: is using unrevoked3 a prerequisite? I rooted when there were more complicated instructions and had to use ADB to accomplish it. I want to know this before proceeding and don't feel like reflashing if it's not necessary

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Downloading rom now, I'll report back shortly. Thanks!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

This is my question also. I have it downloaded and renamed but do we flash it like w would do any other rom(cm6, fresh, etc...)?

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

What did you rename it to?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Update923.zip.....mind you its still on my pc until this all gets straightened out. I believe you can name it to whatever you want.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Update923.zip.....mind you its still on my pc until this all gets straightened out. I believe you can name it to whatever you want.
    Hmmm, I tried it, and it keeps failing. :\

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlboom View Post
    Hmmm, I tried it, and it keeps failing. :\
    I'm re-downloading it, as I believe the first .zip was corrupt. I'll keep you posted.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Ill let you know later on this pm if mine works. Im wondering if I even need to if I am gettin 53fps on cm6 without the update.

I had Unrevoked on 2.2, I downloaded and installed the Deodexed rooted update and installed manually.. Still have root, and FPS unlocked, Just a note this is just a rom and does not update PRI, That needs to be done separately.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    I had Unrevoked on 2.2, I downloaded and installed the Deodexed rooted update and installed manually.. Still have root, and FPS unlocked, Just a note this is just a rom and does not update PRI, That needs to be done separately.
    Good man...

Do as he did... DONT DOWNLOAD OTA's!!!! Wait for Rooted Versions to be Released by Carriers and Download that...

This time its easy the Root version was released before the Official its a no brainer People
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

ROM
    Stock

I'm waiting. Vaelpak is working great for me. This will be baked into all the ROMs in a few days... fully working and without the Flash audio problems that people are experiencing with Stock.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Okay, it's loaded. The first .zip was corrupt, I used mirror 3 and that worked fine. It's "loading" now, and I'll have to reload everything. Should be interesting.

ROM
    Stock

Sounds like more work than it's worth to me.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,882 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Good man...

Do as he did... DONT DOWNLOAD OTA's!!!! Wait for Rooted Versions to be Released by Carriers and Download that...

This time its easy the Root version was released before the Official its a no brainer People
    Notice how many of these questions started with unrevoked.

USE THE LINK POSTED ON THE FIRST PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE ROOTED OTA FROM XDA. DON'T USE THE OTA THAT YOUR PHONE DOWNLOADS.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post

USE THE LINK POSTED ON THE FIRST PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE ROOTED OTA FROM XDA. DON'T USE THE OTA THAT YOUR PHONE DOWNLOADS.
    I didnt wanna say anything but.... HAHAHAHA
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Am hearing mixed messages. The ROM from XDA appears to require a full wipeout of the phone. The OTA simply doesn't work on rooted phone, got that..

Using unrevoked3, it sounds like many are able to apply the manual update and then run unrevoked3 again, not having to wipe the phone out. This seems to be the way to go, not the XDA ROM.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    I know how you hate unrevoked, but I don't think it's really the problem. The problem is the people that are using it. I used unrevoked 3.21 and I have had absolutely no problems at all, but I fully read the directions and understood what I was doing before I did it.

I think too many people are just using it without fully reading the directions and they don't understand what they are doing. They think because it's a "one click root" they can just install it and be done. They don't think they will screw anything up because it's the "easy way". If people can't handle unrevoked, they don't have a prayer of doing it the long way.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 09-23-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast