unrevoked 3.21 > fps update > unrevoked 3.21
Before I do this method just want to confirm this works from those who have done it...
- unrevoked 3.21 already installed
- manually apply the HTC fps update
- root no longer works
- re-apply unrevoked 3.21 and then root works with fps fixes
Anyone who did this having any issues?
- 09-24-2010, 11:34 AM #2
Over on XDA Developers there is a thread about it too:
[Guide] How to apply the new OTA 3.29.651.5 when you have clockwork and s-off - xda-developers
- 09-24-2010, 12:21 PM #4
- 09-24-2010, 12:28 PM #5
- 09-24-2010, 01:05 PM #6
I had just done the UnrEVOked a few days prior to the update coming out, so here's what I did.
1. Ran UnrEVOked and forever.
2. Titanium backup of all my apps.
3. Nandroid backup of my existing ROM
4. Grabbed the deodexed ROM from this thread - [ROM] OTA_Supersonic_3.29.651.5 [ROOTED] [DEODEXED] [SIGNED] - xda-developers
5. Nandroid recovery overwriting my existing ROM (no wipe) - same kernal and base means I lost no info and everything was intact.
6. Have my fully updated rooted-rom.
There was some widget clean-up and odd doubling of my icons, but that was easy to fix and cosmetic.
I also had to install the Engineering version of the bootloader in there, too - but that was so I could do the special black-with-white-letters HTC splash screen.
Once you're rooted it's a bad idea to take an OTA update. While Google/Android doesn't care very much if the community hacks, the manufacturers and carriers do care, and if they push updates that break root or your device, they won't care.
- 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM #7
- 09-24-2010, 02:55 PM #8
- 09-24-2010, 05:15 PM #9
- 09-25-2010, 02:06 PM #10
- 52 Posts
Okay so im rooted via the latest method of unrevoked im trying to manually put the OTA onto my sd card and boot it through clock work however im using a Mac and when I download the OTA updat it comes packed in a folder with a couple of other files.
They are as followed firmware.zip, checkspace, fotaBoot,notifyapp, system
So which one do I put on my sd card to install?