1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default i want to download cyanogenmod help plz

i want to download cyanogen mod 6.0.0 from the rom manager but there is two kinds one says RC2 and the other just cyanogen 6.0.0 which one is better??? and is there a difference??

RC 2 is the last beta. Use the other one.

The differences are small, and the last beta was left in ROM manager so that when a new RC (Release Candidate) for 6.1 comes along, people can use ROM Manager to auto update from one RC to the next.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

also one more question if i install this mod will it delete my apps or delete contacts or anything of that sort??????????
    Last edited by robert323; 09-25-2010 at 07:25 PM.

You should wipe everything (Rom Manager will ask you if you want to do this).

Use Titanium backup to back up all your apps.

For your contacts, if you're using Gmail, you'll get them back as soon as you log in on your phone again. For contacts not in gmail, you'll need to add them back -- either by hand, or by syncing them to your computer using HTC sync, then exporting your Windows/Outlook address book as a CSV file. Holler if you need help with that.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

how can i backup my apps if titanium only lets 10 apps to back up?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

nvm i got it to back up
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

so thats all i am safe to download the rom???

Thats it. Download and flash, then install titanium from the market and restore all your apps and settings!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

llol

No problem man! That's why we're here
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

If you become a nutcase like me and end up flashing everything but the sexy neighbor, I would suggest transferring your APK's to your computer. Here is what you should start off with to become familiar with adb.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sdk-driver-root-oh-my

This is what you can can do to make it more streamlined in the future when you understand how to push and pull files.

This way you will have a nice tidy place to store excess APK's on your computer when you fill your phone to the brim but dont want to delete them

Edit: fixed the spelling, what a maroon <intended to miss spell moron, way too many bugs bunny cartoons as a kid
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 09-25-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling Moron

Quote Originally Posted by stoneworrior View Post
    If you become a nutcase like me and end up flashing everything but the sexy neighbor, I would suggest transferring your APK's to your computer. Here is what you should start off with to become familiar with adb.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sdk-driver-root-oh-my

This is what you can can do to make it more streamlined in the future when you understand how to push and pull files.

This will way you will have a nice tidy place to store access APK's on your computer when you fill your phone to the brim but dont want to delete them
    LOL. I have a dropbox account just for my APK's
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    LOL. I have a dropbox account just for my APK's
    Funny I was just loading some apps to my phone through ftp, we are getting closer and closer to cutting the cable.

let me start off by saying THANK YOU! I just came over from XDA and its a nightmare trying to get some help, they tell you to google search it (that didn't help at all), they tell you to search the forum (spent hours searching to no avail), I tried every method (except this one lol) and now i'm trying to flash cm6 again with a custom kernel! Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SoBeRChiLD View Post
    let me start off by saying THANK YOU! I just came over from XDA and its a nightmare trying to get some help, they tell you to google search it (that didn't help at all), they tell you to search the forum (spent hours searching to no avail), I tried every method (except this one lol) and now i'm trying to flash cm6 again with a custom kernel! Wish me luck!
    You will have one or two arrogant higher than thou types, but if they pipe up ignore them