Cyanogen Voice Mail and Market issues?

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok after playing with Baked Snack and Fresh, I still have a desire to be on a Non-Sense rom. (I used to have a Nexus 1 on T-Mo and I LOVED cyanogen there)

I love cyanogen, but I have two issues on it that bug me...

1) When I get voice mails I have the annoying text messages.

2) When I search for Angry Birds or Flick Kick on the market, I can't see them... who knows what else I can't see?

I have searched and found several threads here and at XDA and other locations discussing these but haven't stumbled on any hard fast solutions.

Anyone had any luck with these issues? Or anyone know any other similar Non-sense ROMs I could play with (though I'd rather stick with Cyanogen!)?

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
1) blacklist the number that the texts come from.

Not sure how to solve the second problem. Some people have had luck using AppBrain's fast web install service

Sent from my WHITE Evo

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried to blacklist the number and it still gave me a notification which drove me nuts so I switched to google voice for voicemail and its awesome...and I second the appbrain fast web installer that's what has worked best for me

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Strangely enough my text messages seem to have gone away and i have no idea why.

Still confused on the fast web installer.... I don't see exactly how it's supposed to work.
(forgive me.... old fart here...)

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea I found the fast install app, but didn't quite know what to do with it once it installed and asked permission to do whatever it does and closed.

I'm just gonna restore back to FreshEVO for now and give Cyan a little more time to tweak these last little bugs out.

I appreciate the help here. It's nice to come to a helpful forum that isn't so stuffy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo