Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default stock htc kernel

I've searched on XDA and here and haven't found it... Maybe I missed it but does anyone know if the new htc kernel is available as a flash zip? My HDMI hasn't worked for any of the htc kernels for some reason, but works (except audio for some reason) with Kings kernel. I'm just curious to see if it still doesn't work with the htc kernels
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Awesome. thanks dude..

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

were you able to successfully flash the stock kernel? i get stuck at the htc boot screen for 20 minutes so far then have to flash another kernel just to get into my phone.
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    were you able to successfully flash the stock kernel? i get stuck at the htc boot screen for 20 minutes so far then have to flash another kernel just to get into my phone.
    What rom?

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Stock 2.2 with netarchy latest
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    Stock 2.2 with netarchy latest
    Try wiping cache. Should work without any wiping tho. Weird.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I agree its theonly kernel I've had this issue with I've done both cache wipes same effect.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did my usual when I flashed this kernel, wiped cache and dalvik. worked perfect.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Did you have an app do it for you or did you do it manually? Would flashing my clockwork recovery help? (I don't think my dalvik is clearing) also should I try flashing the old then new Sprint kernels?

Thank you
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I did it manually. Dalvik does clear when using clockworkmod. Apparently there's a bug that doesn't show you it's clearing, but a few people including the developer of the rom I used confirmed that it does in fact clear.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10 nightly/CleanROM 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    I did it manually. Dalvik does clear when using clockworkmod. Apparently there's a bug that doesn't show you it's clearing, but a few people including the developer of the rom I used confirmed that it does in fact clear.
    Are you using the virus rom? Cuz I'm stuck at the HTC splash screen when flashing to baked snack 1.7
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Nope. I use VaelPak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Nope. I use VaelPak.
    I never would have noticed...