Post Rooting Questions

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted and am running cyanogen and had some followup questions.

- If I want to play around with some other ROM's, I take it I should do a nandroid backup and Titanium backup? Possibly copy those to my PC? Is that sufficient? I had issues when I first rooted which resulted in a temporarily bricked phone. I'm fine with that as long as I can get it back with some work.

- I am now seeing stuff about flashing the radio. How do I know if I have the correct radio?

- I assume upgrading to a newer version of cyanogen will basically be flashing the new ROM?

Any input is appreciated.

On a side note, I am enjoying cyanogen. Runs well and even though I didn't give the FPS issue much attention, I can notice the improvement.

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
- If I want to play around with some other ROM's, I take it I should do a nandroid backup and Titanium backup? Possibly copy those to my PC? Is that sufficient?
That is very sufficient! I like to have apps backed up on my PC so I can push through ADB if needed. REGAW on XDA has an app that will allow you to make a FLASHABLE ZIP of all of your apps as well!

- I am now seeing stuff about flashing the radio. How do I know if I have the correct radio?
There is the BASEBAND and WIMAX - for Baseband you go to:
Menu>Settings>About Phone>SoftwareInfo - Latest Baseband is 2.1500.09.01

WIMAX - If you have terminal emulator:
CODE: - only enter BOLD
su (ENTER)-you should now have #
wimax_mtd (ENTER) this will give you your wimax version in the first few lines of info generated in the terminal. Look for this:
"Check Firmware Version (4.62.2v26023_) - Latest is the 26023

- I assume upgrading to a newer version of cyanogen will basically be flashing the new ROM?
Double check the CYANOGEN thread at xda or the cyanogen site for info on updating their ROM. Usually if only upgrading a ROM you are already using on your phone you will not have to fully WIPE - Usually only wipe CACHE and DALVIK CACHE. If trying a new ROM a FULL WIPE is required.

HAVE FUN!

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Radios!!!

Here is the link to the RADIO thread at XDA!

READ AND PERFORM A NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING!!!

Some people have been known to bork their 4gees when flashing new wimax.

If anything goes wrong there are threads on how to fix!

RADIOS THREAD@XDA!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante