Htc EVo CPU seems underclocked to 687 after update

Hood88525

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My CPU is clocking at 687. My epic Always read 999 on same test. I called Htc tech support and they verified this. Has anyone else noticed this. Phone seems to work great , better than epic 4g but I'm still concerned why they decided to do this other than battery life. They said if application needed extra power speed would increase. Does this sound right?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup. The Evo's kernel always scaled the cpu. From what I've read the new htc kernel 11 scales it even better. As a matter of fact quite a few people have completely ditched SetPCU. It'll keep the cpu low until you need more speed. If everything is smooth and fast, I wouldn't worry about anything.. As a matter of fact, the Epic reading 999 all the time isn't really a good thing. It shows that the Epics kernel isn't scaling the processor. It would partially explain all the poor battery life complaints.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Should I root the phone to get better results although i' not to familiar with doing it

This part of the stock kernel is fine, you don't need to root your phone. What kind of better results are you looking for though? If you want to go faster, then yes, you'll have to root your phone.

Hood88525

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Mainly for better download speeds .I also want to use as mobile hotsppot if that play so I don't need to use Sprint service for $30

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800