Titanium vs AppBrain

J_Bone

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty new to the rooting world. Lots of fun so far.

I have been using Appbrain for all of my apps and am fairly familiar with it. I have Ti Backup and used it with my last flash but I think I am missing something.

When I went to restore (all app and user data) it was painfully slow with me having to click OK for each app, then the slight pause while it did it's thing. I had 205 items and finally cancelled it after ten and went over to Appbrain to get my apps and just re-entered my settings.

Am I understanding the main benefit of Ti Backup as being able to save your settings vs Appbrain just providing your apps? It was MUCH less time consuming with Appbrain, at least for this noob.

Is there a way to restore from Ti with just a few clicks?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not looking at it, but in Titanium I believe you need to click Batch and then select run for the type of restore you want. You will then need to go through and uncheck anything you do not want to restore. It should not be prompting you for each app it restores.

Me personally, my phone never seems to work right after a restore, so I ditched it in favor of installing everything with AppBrain and reconfiguring all my settings.

Nandroid backup is the best option if that's available to you.

Edit: ah, thanks Marco

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463