edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i can't find this anywhere..do you flash both the CFS and BFS kernals or one or the other?

also can i flash one of them to Vaelpak? my setCPU isn't working right, it says my cpu can only clock up to 568 mhz but the actual speed reads 998

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kernels are based on one or the other. Which one you like is a preference. You can read about them on wikipedia.

As far as what works with vaelpak I'm not sure, I only just recently flashed it. I've heard good things about Kings 8 and vaelpak, but I have no personal experience.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You can use either bfs or cfs. You can't use two kernels at once. I've never used cfs. I've only used the bfs kernels and they're great. As far as your SetCPU, are you on the stock kernel? If you are SetPCU is pretty useless. Gotta throw in a custom kernel to really get the advantages of it

Edit: If you really wanna know the difference between CFS and BFS these are good reads..

BFS vs CFS
CFS vs BFS 2

Last edited:
Reactions: simon.ponder

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You can use either bfs or cfs. You can't use two kernels at once. I've never used cfs. I've only used the bfs kernels and they're great. As far as your SetCPU, are you on the stock kernel? If you are SetPCU is pretty useless. Gotta throw in a custom kernel to really get the advantages of it

Edit: If you really wanna know the difference between CFS and BFS these are good reads..

BFS vs CFS
CFS vs BFS 2

they are voltage schedulers, as for set CPU hit menu and redetect speeds or whatever it is.

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

i'm using whatever kernel is default in vaelpak, maybe i'll give BFS a go. thanks for all the info guys :) i couldn't find a definitive answer on whether or not cfs and bfs went together or not, now it makes sense.

thank you everyone!

here's to hoping i don't wreck my ROM :D

lol thanks to you guys i spend more time reinstalling ROM's than i do using them :-D

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i'm using whatever kernel is default in vaelpak, maybe i'll give BFS a go. thanks for all the info guys :) i couldn't find a definitive answer on whether or not cfs and bfs went together or not, now it makes sense.

thank you everyone!

here's to hoping i don't wreck my ROM :D

lol thanks to you guys i spend more time reinstalling ROM's than i do using them :-D

Make sure you back up first. That way if you do you can restore and start over.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

willy900wonka

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Love the setcpu default frequency, reminds me of the hero.
Press menu, then acquire frequencies. You'll get your 998 back.
I'm at kingx's cfs 10. Smooth and quick. Set to conservative and no other setcpu involvement.
Actually have it come up at boot in order to set the governor, then I kill it.
OC widget handles sleep mode frequencies for me.

Last edited:

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
are you running vaelpak? i tried BFS 10 and it borked my ROM.

i'm wondering if i should wipe cache/data and reinstall the rom than flash the kernel? before i reinstall my apps and setup accounts etc.?

i'm liking vaelpak but i would like SetCPU to work with the 1157 clock speed or even try the 1268 clock and find out if it'll be stable or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63