2.2 root on the Evo?

biggroc85

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys all i want to know is the easy way to root your phone. I'm new to rooting and scared to death to brick my phone. I have froyo and saw a kid on youtube just go to unrevoked.com on his phone and just download it straight from there. And wanted to see if this was a safe way to do it, and if so it looks pretty simple, is there anything else i need to do like do a backup to insure my phone doesnt brick or anything else i need to do to protect myself? And is there a one touch super easy way to do it? Thanks in advance

Roc

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I would check out the sticky note first and then if it seems to much then try unrevoked. You might benefit from the longer method. Plus if your unsure of something there are a lot of people here that can help.

Sent via Tapatalk Pro

biggroc85

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Why no to unrevoked Jerzy? Mainly what i want to do is change from the stock bar at the bottom i think its called ROSIE? the phone apps and add apps launcher thing I would like to change that and maybe add some different themes and stylings like a new boot up animation and stuff like that

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
People do not like Unrevoked because they gaurd their work and will not release how they root.
Kind of like how everyone hates MS because they are soo money hungry and want licensing for everything.
Not ness. the wrong way, but frowned upon because of their non openness

Also, I think it will be extremely hard to brick your phone. As long as you can get to the recovery console, you can clear everything and go back to stock essentially

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No to unrEVOked....

Right way > easy way all the time
Jerzy,

I am still unclear why unrevoked is bad.

In the end both the long manual method and the nearly automatic unrevoked method end up with the same rooting right?

The manual way has a lot more steps that are pretty intricate. You cannot miss a single step or do any of them wrong. It's like a test of manhood. If you weren't in your high school Computer Club, this is not for you.

But if you make a mistake, it is easier to trouble shoot because you know what step you were on.

The automatic way is faster and easier with fewer steps to miss or do wrong. But if something goes wrong, it is hard to know where you are.

I wish any Android phone could be as easy as a Pre: type the Konami code and click Developer mode. Bamm! You're in.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Its not troubleshooting your errors in rooting, its troubleshooting problem you have after root.

Indeed this is true...

If something happens *And has happened theres a thread about it* you wont know what exactly to do...

Rooting a phone you should be able to take responsibility for issues you encounter

and the Manuel method does just that teaches you how and what is actually going on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair