Installing Kernals on Rooted Evo.

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guy, the idiot is back! (me)

I am fully rooted and running baked as my ROM.

I am trying to install this kernal..
AndroidSPIN Developer Homepage for Hero_Over

It's the Baked Kernal 1.5

I installed it on my computer, uploaded it onto my phone, installed it onto my phone and it said everything was completed. I'm in my "About Phone" option in settings and it's saying this "2.6.32.15HeroMod hero@hero-over#6"

What is the stock kernal for an evo? I'm just wondering if it definitely worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

G

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey guy, the idiot is back! (me)

I am fully rooted and running baked as my ROM.

I am trying to install this kernal..
AndroidSPIN Developer Homepage for Hero_Over

It's the Baked Kernal 1.5

I installed it on my computer, uploaded it onto my phone, installed it onto my phone and it said everything was completed. I'm in my "About Phone" option in settings and it's saying this "2.6.32.15HeroMod hero@hero-over#6"

What is the stock kernal for an evo? I'm just wondering if it definitely worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

G

You're all set.

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful!!

You guys are awesome, thanks for the quick responses.

I love rooting :)

I want to flash every ROM to see what is better, but I don't like the fact that I have to put all my apps back on..that's annoying.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Download the app App Brain. Then go to AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games . Sign up on the website first with your google email then sign in the app on your phone. Sync all your apps and you're good to go. When you try a new rom just download the appbrain app again. Sign in with your google email and it'll sync all your apps back to the phone ;) And don't forget to sync your google account under settings>accounts and sync so all your numbers and stuff are backed up

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Realistically, and don't get me wrong cause Joel is a good dude, TB is becoming a thing of the past. With all the cloud syncing going on ...
-Contacts in the cloud
-Email in the cloud
-Apps in the cloud (app brain)
-Calendar in the cloud

It is getting harder and harder to justify spending money to back anything up. If you use Android to it's fullest extent, the only reason you'd back anything up is for text messages and I'd have to wonder what you're getting texted to you if its that important! :p

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Realistically, and don't get me wrong cause Joel is a good dude, TB is becoming a thing of the past. With all the cloud syncing going on ...
-Contacts in the cloud
-Email in the cloud
-Calendar in the cloud

It is getting harder and harder to justify spending money to back anything up. If you use Android to it's fullest extent, the only reason you'd back anything up is for text messages and I'd have to wonder what you're getting texted to you if its that important! :p

Totally agreed.

quocamole

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
+1 for paid version of TB.

TB is good for restoring your system settings and app data and settings. It's also much easier and less time consuming to do a batch restore of apps/apps data/system settings with once click (as oppose to downloading and installing apps one by one, then setting them back up). my $0.02.

Reactions: deardave

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
TB has been giving me issues when trying to restore my apps with the past couple of ROM's I have flashed. I had trouble reinstalling them when I went from stock to VaelPak2.2 . Then I had issues when going from VaelPak to Fresh1.8. And again last night going from Fresh to myn Warm touch. I bought the pro version last night when going from fresh to myn warm. Did the batch installer fix thing VaelPak recommends on his ROM site on xda. I still got the return to boot animation problem.

In the end, App Brain has been reliable and there for me each time. It does get annoying installing each app individually. But it works every time. Plus you don't run the risk of carrying any data over from a previous ROM that may cause issues with your current ROM.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
-Contacts in the cloud
-Email in the cloud
-Calendar in the cloud

I haven't heard of this cloud system. Can you tell me more about it or point me in the right direction? I don't mean to thread-jack but this is interesting to me.

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
the only reason i hang on to TB is backing up some app data (like all the customization iv'e done to Handcent) and the ability to backup/restore my WiFi connections.

Appbrain does make things easier and i haven't spent any money between TB (free edition) and Appbrain :)

and the cloud is just a remote storage basically. all of your contacts, email and calendar info is synced through google and is stored remotely, when you wipe your phone/replace it etc..all of that information is stored on google's end and when you sign in it automatically syncs that data with your phone.

Appbrain takes it one step further and syncs any installed applications you have. unfortunately Appbrain doesn't sync app data like user names for various apps (i use the app for my bank for example. the login credentials aren't backed up over Appbrain)

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use both appbrain and Titanium Pro. They both have failed me occasionally for not restoring stuff, but it's never been a big deal. Even if neither restored anything at all my Google account keeps track of all my paid stuff. It just takes a bit longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams