PLEASE HELP!! Evo 4g Using Damage Control 3.5 Stuck on 4G screen

DennyJ

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
So I just installed the Damage Control 3.5 Rom onto my evo 4g, and I played with some of the settings, one of them being the performance with no sense. I rebooted and now the phone keeps getting stuck on the 4G screen. I waited for 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes, and it is just stuck on this screen. I take out the battery to try and load Hboot so that I can recover nandroid, but everytime I push the power button and the volume up button to load Hboot, the phone just buzz's 3 times and does nothing (black screen). I do not know what to do, and I am getting desperate now.
I read on another post that since I choose the performance with no sense setting, it deleted the launcher, and since I did not assign another launcher before I rebooted my phone, this is the reason that I am stuck on this 4G screen. But I cant access my phone to assign a launcher, I cant access my Hboot, Please Help Me!!

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No biggie just go into recovery and flash the ROM again.
1) pull battery
2) put battery back
3) depress volume down button and hold it
4) while holding volume down, push power button until you're at a white screen. Let go of power and volume down.
5) select recovery option from said white screen.
6) flash ROM

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
You need to press volume DOWN + power to access hboot, not volume up.

Not sure exactly what volume up + power does, but after it vibrates 3 times the phone is completely locked down and wont turn on at all until the battery is pulled.

Pull your battery, put it back in, and press volume down + power and you should be in hboot.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

poet117

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Re-flash the Rom (it should boot fine), and download ADW Launcher or Launcher Pro -- activate the chosen Launcher (not HTC Sense) then disable Sense and reboot and it'll work fine. I ran into this problem last night myself, not a hard fix at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs