need some help PLEASEEEE

Quiquemaracas1234

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have flash clockmod recovery v.2.5.0.1 and I believe I have unrevoked forever, when I boot my phone the very top line says S-ON, I need to get the update to uncap the FPS but I tried to do so already following the unroot method from unrevoked but when I try to flash the pc36img.zip it says MAIN VERSION IS OLDER. SO when I try to run the uncap update I get a white triangle and a yellow exclamation above the android, I really need some help to get out of this unrevoked crap and be able to flash and try other Roms, I also downloaded The App ROM Manager, I try to download cyanogen 6 but when I try to flash it it brings me to the same white triangle with the yellow exclamation symbol.
Please please help me

Jacob.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Not sure it'll work with unrevoked forever but have you tried the [How To] Unroot and return to stock guide then using the [How to] Rooting HTC EVO Froyo 2.2 (Windows) guide to get root back? From what I heard, the unrevoked forever method is permanent so I'm not 100% sure if those will work. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please)

I used the unrevoked3 method (don't yell at me d3xn2o :p) and everything works fine for me. I'm able to flash ROMs and such without a problem.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Jacob, do you want to get the latest OTA or install a rooted ROM based off of the latest OTA?

And S-ON means signatures are on and I believe unrevoked forever turns this off.

CM6 is different than a stock kernel from HTC.

What is your goal here?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
1. Did you actually achieve root?
Download Terminal Emulator and open the app. Type in SU. Do you get a $ or a #?

If you get a $ youre not rooted. If you get a # youre rooted

2. Did you perform a nandoird backup?

3. If you installed unrevoked forever you should have S-Off.

Something went wrong with your root somewhere along the way. If you have unrevoked3 and unrevoked forever, you should be fully rooted with s-off and be able to perform nandroid back ups and flashing roms.

Try to load into boot recovery and see if you have a nandroid back up. If you do, restore your phone and repeat the steps I mentioned to ensure that you have fully root and signatures are turned off.

Please tell your story on
this page

Good luck man, hope you figure it out.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
When I tried with unrevoked3, i had root, but i was not able to get into recovery mode but I did have s-off after only rooting with unrevoked3. So it's strange that you don't even have s-off

Quiquemaracas1234

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I do have nandroid and are able to do backups, in fact I restored a backup last night after I had my phone si screwed up trying to install CM6, I downloaded the terminal emulator and I get a $, so those that means I have no root?? And if it is that way how do I go about getting root!!!

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Man... that's one soup sandwich.

You have nandroid but get an $. This is why unrevoked is trouble some. If I were you, I would do the following

1. Backup all your data with appbrain
2. Use liquidjesus' method for Unroot on a PC
3. Use liquidjesus' root method, I used simpleroot. Proved reliable.

After this you should be set. If you have questions PM me or hit me on gtalk.

The methods are in my sig

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Please don't unless you wanna get flamed..smh

Ice Cold flamage

match-water-flame.jpg

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I seem to always tell everyone the same thing in your situation and that's run the latest RUU (rom update utility) to return your phone to a pure stock image and then root it following the above guides.

edit: I would say though, about the above root method, I highly suggest using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741294 After you're back to 2.1.

This stuff looks like it's a lot more work than it really is.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is no body gonna tell him that he could just flash a stock rooted rom ..

Never mind. Just run this.

*OFFICIAL* RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.5_Radio_2.15. 00.09.01_NV_1.77_CNV_re - xda-developers

After you run that, you will be unrooted, and the update already applied.

Feel free to reroot the right way afterwards.

I asked when I posted on pg1, his setup seems to be a little unique so we got him setup with the RUU so he's at least on a clean slate going in to the root the "more right way".

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Nah go ahead and post ... Their flames are harmless they couldn't hurt a fly. It's all just entertainment. It's not like they actually write code or anything...

Can you write code?
Can you theme?
Can you use android kitchens to cook your own roms?
Can you use adb?
Can you even root the right way?

I can answer yes to all of those except writing code, which not many people can do anyways.

Troll on sir, troll on.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Can you write code?
Can you theme?
Can you use android kitchens to cook your own roms?
Can you use adb?
Can you even root the right way?

I can answer yes to all of those except writing code, which not many people can do anyways.

Troll on sir, troll on.

Wow.. you got some thin skin.. I didn't ask you any of those questions... but I can so the same things that you stated you could... and like I said.. You don't write code... or have much of a sense of humor either... cheers buddy hope your day gets better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos