Universal Androot

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Since so many of you are against using unrevoked what are your thoughts on Androot? Is it available for the evo? I just need to tether...no roms etc

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Never heard of it...

But to specify our issue with unrevoked is people not Researching and educating themselves before attempting to root...

Thats all I'll say on that

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol yea. Unrevoked has their own way, its not the standard and they are hard to contact if things go wrong, the stickies are the preferred way.

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Really I just need it for the tethering...I'm still not comfortable with flashing...roms...kernels...etc...are there any good soft foot programs

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Since so many of you are against using unrevoked what are your thoughts on Androot? Is it available for the evo? I just need to tether...no roms etc

The evo isn't supported (if i read correctly)I used this to try and root my buddy's hero..it didn't work. Ran rageagainstthecage.bin...worked great. With the evo, its just better to fully root and if needed run the RUU. IMHO

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
^I agree... there's really two ways of getting Wifi tether... you pay or root. To be honest, rooting isn't that difficult if you take a moment to read up on it. Once you obtain root, flashing roms, kernels, and the like is nothing compared to the root process.

If you look at my sig, there is a link for some common knowledge terms. I would advise reading up on those, then get some hands on, at the end of the day, you'll feel really good about the whole process. If you do decide to go with unrevoked, comb through the forums and find members who have rooted with unrevoked and ask them if they'd be willing to help you. Almost any member of this forum who has experience will help you, but since the process is so simple, there really isn't a sticky for it.

The benefit of flashing ROMs is that it give you're phone a lot more capability than the stock format, in addition you sometimes get goodies that the devs put in.

The benefit of kernels is that the phone might perform 10x better or worse depending on the kernel. If you stick with the recommended kernels you'll be alright.

Don't be afraid of the process, just read, ask questions that haven't already been asked, and go for it.

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Dude just run Unrevoked and dont worry about what these guys on the high horses say about doing it the "right" way so you can learn. You still wont learn anything other than how to cut and paste things off a web page and load crap you dont need or understand. I've done it the long way and the Unrevoked way. I'll continue to use Unrevoked as long as it continues to work.

If something goes wrong, no matter which way you rooted you're going to be lost and asking someone for help.

Reactions: 27scoob

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Dude just run Unrevoked and dont worry about what these guys on the high horses say about doing it the "right" way so you can learn. You still wont learn anything other than how to cut and paste things off a web page and load crap you dont need or understand. I've done it the long way and the Unrevoked way. I'll continue to use Unrevoked as long as it continues to work.

If something goes wrong, no matter which way you rooted you're going to be lost and asking someone for help.

You could have just told him to use unrEVOked rather than being agonizing. Just sayin'. The chip on the shoulder act isn't necessary.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Well if I had just plainly said use Unrevoked all of the elitists would have jumped all over me anyways, at least this way they know where I'm coming from before they reply :)

Reactions: 27scoob

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
We're on a "high horse" because we want people to do things the right way so we can actually help people? Ya... some high horse..

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Let's not get out of control. When the OP says what method was used we can decide how to proceed. We don't need another thread for the MOD's to get all up in arms about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800