error loading ROM

de3isit

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to load a ROM to my Evo from my SD card and keep getting the same error message.
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
passion" ll getprop("ro.build.product") == "pass
ion" ll getprop("ro.product.board") == "passion"
E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I used Unrevoked3 to root and everything seemed to go fine. I am new to this so I am probably missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ummmm I'm not a CM expert but im guessing 1 of 2 things ...

1) (most likely) you don't have the proper hboot. See unrevoked wiki for more info. Theres a link to the proper hboot and instructions around here.
2) (less likely) You broke the signature of them ROM.zip in the process of download/move. If you download through ROM manager thats fine but a lot of people make the mistake of downloading to their PC and unzipping the file and renaming it and messing with it. When you download the file, dont rename, dont unzip ... basically don't touch. Just move to SD. If you downloaded with ROM manager (which you didnt indicate if you were using) this shouldnt be an issue.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I installed the hboot driver and got the same error message. I also tried a different rom using rom manager with no luck.

You're looking at the wrong thing. You don't need an h-boot driver (that's a Windows thing). You need engineering h-boot on your phone.

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I would just run the nightly CM build, they dont require you to change the hboot at all, and I've yet to have problems with one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy