Anyone running Sunday Ticket or Slingbox Software on their rooted phone?

rnp614

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I just wonder how well these run with the rooted phones you guys have. ANyone have any experience? Half the reason I got this phone was to use both those apps at the hospital while I'm on call! :mad::p

mrrogers1

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just wonder how well these run with the rooted phones you guys have. ANyone have any experience? Half the reason I got this phone was to use both those apps at the hospital while I'm on call! :mad::p

Slingbox works GREAT! Although if you have one of the older units (Slingbox AV) you might get a silly popup about your slingbox not being compatible "but" the software may work with your settings. It really doesn't mean anything as I know my AV works fine and I have a buddy who's AV works just fine on his Evo as well.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have my SlingBox Solo at my sisters who has Direct TV NFL Package. I use the phone or laptop with Slinbox to watch her TV. Works Great.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have Sunday Ticket. When I started the app I got a message that my wireless router had ports blocked so the EVO had to go to 3g - which provides a pretty bad picture.

I have an iPad with a bigger screen and no problem with my router ports so I didn't mess with it anymore and used that yesterday.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the port forwarding was a small issue for me, but with a little reading on their site, I got my router straigtened out and it works fine now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae