My Evo is trick or treating me...mostly tricking.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm banging on my head on the wall trying to figure this one out.

Using root explorer I go to \system\app and then mount the drive as R/W. If I delete a file in this folder (footprints.apk, dcstock.apk) it proceeds to delete it (I mean its gone gone). I reboot the phone and it's back.

how or why is this happening?

I used unrevoked 3 a while back when I rooted if that is any help.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Moved to ROM's and hacks better chance for an answer in here. Besides I am sure Kevin knows the answer to this one.

Later,
Dave

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My buddy has this issue...

I'm not trying to start anything here please save the comments on this but I think its Unrevoked 3 being the issue...

He Rooted the same way *Which I advised against*

But now when he attempts to delete something simple like the Boot Animation sound it will delete but doesn't just like you

Ksmith where you at?!

I hope its not Unrevoked... because he's coming over later and I need to deal with his phone... -___-

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If it IS unrevoked 3. how do I un-root and re-root the right way? This may probably also explain why the new kernel I was given to load kills my wifi where Kevin's works fine on the same phone and Rom build.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If it IS unrevoked 3. how do I un-root and re-root the right way? This may probably also explain why the new kernel I was given to load kills my wifi where Kevin's works fine on the same phone and Rom build.

There's a great Sticky Above this Thread...

Basically you just run the RUU from your computer make sure you have HTC Sync installed

Its pretty easy

ReRooting is well Its not that bad you just need to read the How to a few times until you understand it...

But lets hope its not that because I dont want to ReRoot this dudes phone Im lazy

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
well if I cant delete a file and your buddy cant delete a file and we both rooted with unrevoked 3..then umm wouldn't the problem be unrevoked 3?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I know the answer :)

It's because you're rooted but don't have NAND unlocked. If you think back to right when the EVO came out and all we had was root but no NAND, this was exactly what happened. When you deleted something it looked like it deleted but after a reboot POOF!!! app was right back.

having NAND unlocked is what allowed us access to r/w to the system directory.

You can probably run Unrevoked 3.2 which also unlocks NAND and be set. Cant hurt anyway.

Reactions: d3xn2o

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
ok so does this mean I run unrevoked 3.2 on top of what I have now? do I go back to stock? Im confused lol.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
doh!

Update: The unlock tool has been temporarily pulled. Says the Unrevoked team: "We're seeing some strange problems with Unrevoked 3.2, so we've pulled the release for a bit. Please hold on! Don't worry if you've already run 3.2 - you are rooted and everything is OK. It's just a problem for users while running it."

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I know the answer :)

It's because you're rooted but don't have NAND unlocked. If you think back to right when the EVO came out and all we had was root but no NAND, this was exactly what happened. When you deleted something it looked like it deleted but after a reboot POOF!!! app was right back.

having NAND unlocked is what allowed us access to r/w to the system directory.

You can probably run Unrevoked 3.2 which also unlocks NAND and be set. Cant hurt anyway.

I figured as much... Even though he can do Nand Backups and such It never seemed to work perfectly...

I'll Root the phone properly later on

OP If you want to Root without waiting for the Dev team to fix the Tool just follow the Sticky Liquid Jesus has up...

Since my buddy is Root already ill be using my personal Dirty Root just to get him going properly... Not looking forward to this...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance