OpenSSH

nullr

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally getting around to it. When I first got my Evo I asked among other questions and no one seemed to know then I found a bunch of dead links. Anyway with so much development going on its hard to think that someone dosen't have an ssh terminal. How do developers do it? adb shell? I tried vnc but the virtual terminal is pretty bad to say the least. I find it hard to believe there is no openssh tutorial. Any linux machine this is one of the first steps. What am I missing here? While I figure that out couple of questions on virtual term.

How do I make nested directories? (i.e. /dir1/dir2/dir3 without having to cd after each new dir)

Also is there a helpful android forum that would have this? I thought XDA would be my best chance but they seem to be to busy ripping sense from the phone to do anything useful.

John Kotches

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
To make nested directories use mkdir -p

This will create all required directories along the path. One thing catch, you must have write permission to create a new directory at the highest required level.

$ mkdir -p /level1/level 2/level 3

If you mean changing directories, string them together, I.e.,

$ cd /level1/level2/level3

That should cover both eventualities.

Swyped on my PC36100 using tapatalk!

John Kotches

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you know this.

Open SSH logs you into the machine, once you're there, you are using whatever shell you have defined.

The point of any ssh is to encrypt data between client and server. It doesn't replace your login shell.

Swyped on my PC36100 using tapatalk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton