Speaker repair on rooted phone?

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So my ear speaker sounds really crappy and I dont know what happened to it to make it so bad. i can only hear clearly on the quistest two volumes. Question is. My phone is rooted and running cm6 nightlys. Do i just bring it in for repair and hope they dont say anything or try to go back to stock, bring it in for repair and then try to root again? Has anyone else had to have repairs made to their phone that was rooted? Should i maybe just try to load the stock rooted rom and hope they dont notice? any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
stock rooted ROM and go on about your day. Highly unlikely they'll notice as they wont be in and fooling with stuff, either the speaker is broken or its not which means either hardware fix or nothing.

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The speaker is definitely broken. I will run the rooted stock rom. My friend that got me the phone works at sprint but they don't repair phones yet and the local place that did closed. He said his store is supposed to do repairs soon but doesn't know when.

I just want to make sure every one agrees that the stock rooted rom is best. It is the easiest
I'm just afraid they will see super user and other things to know I'm rooted.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I would go stock rooted rom but just make sure to remove the super user icon. Might be an easy tip off.

Sent via Tapatalk Pro

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I would just run the ruu and return to stock, why chance it. It's not that hard to re root.

I had some hardware problems and I returned it to stock.

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably try to go back to stock. I was just nervous cause the instructions say you might lose root forever.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
No, only if an ota is pushed and accepted on your phone, then you'd have to wait for a new root method to be developed.

Is that the only reason that is mentioned? I thought it had something to do with the method of unrooting that could have some how locked your ability to root again if you wanted. I never thought of it that way.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Nope it doesn't matter if you reroot its not like that at all. Just don't do ota updates if you like root.

Woot! 1000 posts.

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I had to do the same. My rear speaker went out and I went to the repair center with a rooted stock rom,i thought I was smooth but they caught it. When I asked how they found out the guy looked at me and said"we're sprint, of course we're gonna find out". Then I said why do you need to look into my software for a hardware problem? He said they have to connect it to their service or computer or whatever....so just go back to stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692