New: Fresh 3.4.0.0

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Right now just out to donors, but here is the change log. One of the best ROMs out there and a real dedicated developer, suggest you try it out and then donate.

3.4.0.0:
Based on a new Sprint OTA (3.30.651.2)
New kernel by HTC (g0f673ed)
Modified slightly to allow apps2sd and remount to work
Has fps unlocked by default, straight from HTC?s source!
Upped MMS size limit to 5mb (thanks to calkulin)
Added mod to prevent MMS from compressing image unless it?s over 5mb limit (thanks to calkulin)
Added mod to unlock Sprint tether so that you can tether straight through the normal USB menu (thanks to calkulin. If it?s not working for you then you are probably missing drivers on your computer. Check device manager)
Updated Wireless Tether to 2.0.5-pre-11
Updated DarkTremor apps2sd to 2.7.5.2
Updated Google Maps to 4.5.1
Updated Google Search to 1.1.2
Updated YouTube to 2.0.26
Updated busybox to 1.16.0
There were no radio updates or updates to any system apks or jars in this OTA.

firemedic1343

May 30, 2010
Visit site
going from 3.3.0.1 or whatever the latest was pre 3.4, can i flash without wiping Data?

There are a few donors who have flashed with only wiping cache/dalvik. However, a couple of them seem to be having force close issues. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict is on wiping.

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
3.401 is out to the general public. I see it on rom manager. On another note, I've never seen Fresh work on Rom Manager at all but it appears to be there.

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
3.401 is out to the general public. I see it on rom manager. On another note, I've never seen Fresh work on Rom Manager at all but it appears to be there.

Yep. It's on Flipz' site now
Download: Fresh Evo 3.4.0.1 (New OTA)

And for those wondering about wiping...
Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on Fresh Evo 3.2 or higher. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing. Updating to the new radio and PRI is highly recommended.

Update: Just flashed from 3.3.0.1 to 3.4.0.1 without wiping data. I still wiped dalvik just in case. It seems to be working okay :)

Last edited: