Google Map 4.6.0 Install Issue (Vaelek 2.0)

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running VaelPak 2.0 on my Evo and have been for months now. It's working great.

I tried to update my Google Maps to the new 4.6.0 today and it'll download but fails to install. So I backed up my current version of Google Maps with Titanium and used Titanium to uninstall the one I had.

After trying that version 4.6.0 still fails to install. Even worse Titanium won't let me restore my backup. .. I didn't realize it only backs up the data NOT the .apk so I'm currently stuck without Google Maps. Major FAIL on my part ... sigh .. I should have manually backed up the .apk but I thought that's what Titanium was doing.

Does anyone know where I can get the .apk for the version 4.1.0 of Google Maps? Or have any other insight as to how to get 4.6.0 to install?

I really wish the market would give better errors when things fail to install ...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just saw your post about this on the Vaelek forums. Unless someone can help now, shoot back to Vaelek.com to your post in a few. He should be back online soon and I'm sure he'll have a fix for you.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was getting that too and I'm currently on Myn's rls 2. I cleared all the market cache and data and tried it again and it worked fine.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just saw your post about this on the Vaelek forums. Unless someone can help now, shoot back to Vaelek.com to your post in a few. He should be back online soon and I'm sure he'll have a fix for you.

Yeah I thought I'd cross post here in case someone had an answer. If he doesn't reply until later it's no big deal. I don't need Maps right away but I'll definitely need it sometime. :D

I was getting that too and I'm currently on Myn's rls 2. I cleared all the market cache and data and tried it again and it worked fine.

I just tried that and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.