Rooted my EVO once, returned to stock, can't root again

philburkhardt

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I successfully rooted my EVO using unrevoked. I tinkered with it for a couple of weeks. Wiped everything off it at one point. Messed with some ROMS, the usual.

I Re-flashed the latest official ROM after some issues, and now I can't re-root my phone. I have tried everything I can think of. Unrevoked just fails every time.

All I want to do is remove the Sprint apps. Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

Last edited:

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
i'm confused... did you ever unroot your phone?

when you say you wiped everything, how did you wipe it... the only way to unroot your phone is to run the RUU and then run HTC sync. If you haven't done that then your phone is still rooted...

I'm pretty sure the problem is unrevoked. :) j/k... but i think you're still rooted... can you clarify this situation

philburkhardt

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
i'm confused... did you ever unroot your phone?

when you say you wiped everything, how did you wipe it... the only way to unroot your phone is to run the RUU and then run HTC sync. If you haven't done that then your phone is still rooted...

I'm pretty sure the problem is unrevoked. :) j/k... but i think you're still rooted... can you clarify this situation

Yup, I ran the RUU and HTC sync.

I had the phone up-to-date with the official updates when I originally rooted it. Unrevoked worked, I just couldn't flash Cyanogen. After playing around for a while I was able to get Cyanogen working, but I ultimately decided to go back to stock because I live in a city that actually has really good 4G coverage, and I wanted to keep my 4G capability. At one point I wound up in a recovery loop. That's when I got the RUU and sync involved. Now that everything is back to stock I can't get Unrevoked to work at all.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the rooting method that's in one of the stickies? Might work better and that way you might actually learn where it's failing.

Reactions: d3xn2o

philburkhardt

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the rooting method that's in one of the stickies? Might work better and that way you might actually learn where it's failing.

I haven't yet. That's what I am going to do now. I was just wondering if there was something obvious I was missing.

Thanks for the response and suggestion :) Now, back to the Rooting!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't yet. That's what I am going to do now. I was just wondering if there was something obvious I was missing.

Thanks for the response and suggestion :) Now, back to the Rooting!

Stickies are your best bet...

Honestly you're prob forgetting the drivers for UnrEVOked...

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
If you're unrevoked and you restored with the RUU then it should be fully factory. I don't know much about unrevoked forever but I'm guessing that unrevoked forever stays on the phone in the background no matter what..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt