Sprint says "no problems with your phone"

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just be careful on the overclocking on the new one. I've had IDK how many things going at a time (market downloads, installs, syncing, angry birds, just to name a few) and had no issues with my phone rebooting or getting extremely hot.

I think while testing kernels maybe you pushed it a little too far and something might've happened to the CPU. We all experiment and sometimes things go wrong. This was probably one of those time, unfortunately.

Yes, this is what i also think happened, im not even really a big fan of overclocking, but i do remember a couple times where i have turned up setcpu all the way in order to benchmark.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, this is what i also think happened, im not even really a big fan of overclocking, but i do remember a couple times where i have turned up setcpu all the way in order to benchmark.

I never OC anymore. It was fun and sometimes necessary when i had a 528MHz processor but with these 1GHz processors and froyo having the JIT compiler PLUS almost every single app produced is zipaligned .... stats be damned my EVO flies at 652MHz which i run as my daily max :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I never OC anymore. It was fun and sometimes necessary when i had a 528MHz processor but with these 1GHz processors and froyo having the JIT compiler PLUS almost every single app produced is zipaligned .... stats be damned my EVO flies at 652MHz which i run as my daily max :p

what's your battery life like underclocking like that?

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I agree, when i used battery tweak it was either 652 or 768, and i noticed NO difference really, nothing seemed laggy or scaled back..

do you use setCPU Ksmith?

are you in NYC? i heard they just got 4g, how do u like it?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what's your battery life like underclocking like that?

It's good, way better than a normal stock EVO. I'm not good at judging battery because one day i might listen to pandora for 3 hours, send 50 emails, talk for 30 minutes, send receive 50 texts .... then the next day i might not send any emails, no calls, 10 texts, and no streaming media.

I'll say that I don't have a single problem getting through a complete day 6am - 10pm. On the days where i barely use my phone i can easily be 80% when i plug it back in before bed. Mind you thats with 1 exchange account as push, 1 gmail account as push, gtalk always on, gps on, data always on, no 4G, no bluetooth.

My kernel is UV. In setcpu i only do 2 things
Main screen:
Min - 128MHz Max - 652MHz Scaling - Conservative or interactive

Profiles:
Screen off
Min - 128MHz Max - 245MHz Scaling - Conservative or interactive

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree, when i used battery tweak it was either 652 or 768, and i noticed NO difference really, nothing seemed laggy or scaled back..

do you use setCPU Ksmith?

are you in NYC? i heard they just got 4g, how do u like it?

I do use setcpu, our posts crossed paths in the night but look above and you can see my settings. Been using these since what seems like forever

I've had 4G since EVO launch day. I'm in Rochester which is WAY north compared to the city. Bout a 5 hour drive. I use 4G simply to test and make sure it works before we release AC-ROM then after that i shut it down. I look at 4G the same way people looked at 3G 5/6 years ago. It was a terrible battery drain, so so coverage. In 5 years from now I'm gonna be saying "I on ly use 4G, never turn on my 5G cause of the battery drain" lol

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I do use setcpu, our posts crossed paths in the night but look above and you can see my settings. Been using these since what seems like forever

I've had 4G since EVO launch day. I'm in Rochester which is WAY north compared to the city. Bout a 5 hour drive. I use 4G simply to test and make sure it works before we release AC-ROM then after that i shut it down. I look at 4G the same way people looked at 3G 5/6 years ago. It was a terrible battery drain, so so coverage. In 5 years from now I'm gonna be saying "I on ly use 4G, never turn on my 5G cause of the battery drain" lol

Ahhh i see,
what is this UV kernel that you talk about?

im pretty excited for 4g service myself, but i dont really see myself using it too much.. 3G is pretty decent in WI where im at. im very satisfied with Sprint.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what is this UV kernel that you talk about?

For now I'm using netarchy's universal extreme UV, CFS, BFQ with HAVS version 4.2 while I'm impatiently awaiting Beezy's next creation.

I prefer Beezy's kernels over anyone else but if I'm going kernel shopping and my inbox doesn't have a beezy kernel I go with netarchy.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Beezy the beast makes kernels!?

I must have missed an important memo... Haha

Haha yeah,i think i do a little of everything.AC-ROM a couple versions back was running one of my kernels and im always over here trying to make one.I usually keep quite about them till there ready to go and yes ksmith is the lucky one that gets to run everything i put together.He's not always lucky tho cause i have made several and he has been stuck in bootloops and all that fun stuff that goes along with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12