Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default framework question...

    Ok so I just wasted my time editing the 3g and cell signal images in the drawable-hdpi-v4 file only to find out that those aren't the right ones. I can't find the correct ones and I JUST noticed the 4g signal images aren't in there either. So I'm assuming the 3g, cell signal, and 4g images have to be somewhere else.. Anyone know where it is?

    Edit: NM. Found it (thanks Vaelek). It's in the /system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk effing 16mbs o_O 1200 images. Wow..
    Last edited by Jerzyiroc; 10-31-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  2. #2  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Damn vael beat me to the punch haha. I learned that from trying to remove the old coat hanger from myn.lol
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    haha. I gotta say man, I'm having a LOT of fun with this. So far I've done the notification pull down backgroun, notification bar, status bar, almost all of the status icons (only have the battery icon to do, well over 100 of them..not looking forward to it), dialer, lock screen and a few other stuff. =D
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    haha. I gotta say man, I'm having a LOT of fun with this. So far I've done the notification pull down backgroun, notification bar, status bar, almost all of the status icons (only have the battery icon to do, well over 100 of them..not looking forward to it), dialer, lock screen and a few other stuff. =D
    the evo only uses the 6 bar signal indication. You don't need to touch the 4 or 5 bar png's

    I have a framework I made which does color coded signal strength. I use it from time to time its a neat little parlor trick.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  5. #5  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Sweet you finally dug in Jerzy...

    do you have the tool to sign stuff?
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  6. #6  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Sweet you finally dug in Jerzy...

    do you have the tool to sign stuff?
    ... If you don't, use regaws zip signer its sweet
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    the evo only uses the 6 bar signal indication. You don't need to touch the 4 or 5 bar png's

    I have a framework I made which does color coded signal strength. I use it from time to time its a neat little parlor trick.
    Lol yaa..... learned that the hard way. I edited the first 4 bars.. then went looking for the 5th and 6th and realized it wasn't the right ones lol. I had to pull the com.htc.resources.apk and found it there. I'm about to dig into the HtcDialer.apk and work on the dialer. The hardest part of all this, is having patience, and trying to figure out what the images I'm looking at are for. There's been 3 images that I thought I knew what they were for, made them pink so it would stand out so I would know for sure, and didn't work. So one day I'm sure I'll see some random pink on my phone and then I will proceed to **** my pants lol. But so far so good. I haven't forgotten to sign the apk yet either before pushing lol. I did however make the mistake of pushing it while the phone was on... It deleted all my accounts. Thank god I did a nand backup right before I started. Hopefully I'll be done by today =D


    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Sweet you finally dug in Jerzy...

    do you have the tool to sign stuff?
    Hell ya man. Vaelek's been helping me out BIG time throughout this. Learning little by little, but I'm definitely getting it. I'm having a lot of fun doing this. When it's all done it may not be all fancy like Myn's, but at least I can say I did it on my own! =D

    I do have a signing tool. The one posted in the How to make a theme section.
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  8. #8  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Hell ya man. Vaelek's been helping me out BIG time throughout this. Learning little by little, but I'm definitely getting it. I'm having a lot of fun doing this. When it's all done it may not be all fancy like Myn's, but at least I can say I did it on my own! =D

    I do have a signing tool. The one posted in the How to make a theme section.
    Proud of you...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Proud of you...
    hahaha thanks. Maybe you can check it out when I'm done
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  10. #10  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    hahaha thanks. Maybe you can check it out when I'm done
    I got you... No Problem... Just dont Expect a log from me...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  11. #11  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    If you don't like to bother with adb and the sdk to sign stuff, regaws zip signer is a one click signing tool, no adb.

    I'm patiently waiting for whatever monsters you create in your laboratory jerzy lol
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    If you don't like to bother with adb and the sdk to sign stuff, regaws zip signer is a one click signing tool, no adb.

    I'm patiently waiting for whatever monsters you create in your laboratory jerzy lol
    I think that's the one I use. The one from the how to make a theme's sticky. I don't sign the apk through adb, I just right click and click resign and that's it...

    i don't know when I'll be done with this thing.. It's getting really frustrating because I'm hunting for certain images and either I can't find it, or I find what I THINK is it and waste time editing it for nothing. :\
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    i don't know when I'll be done with this thing.. It's getting really frustrating because I'm hunting for certain images and either I can't find it, or I find what I THINK is it and waste time editing it for nothing. :\
    Let us know what image specifically you're looking for and maybe folks can chime in and help.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Ok a bit annoyed here... So I've been searching for the dialer buttons for a while now.. Only to find out that apparently htc has changed the dialer from actual images to XML files. Is this correct? If true am I sol with theming the dialer
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  15. #15  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Ok a bit annoyed here... So I've been searching for the dialer buttons for a while now.. Only to find out that apparently htc has changed the dialer from actual images to XML files. Is this correct? If true am I sol with theming the dialer
    Yeah they didn't some whacky stuff in 2.2 i now how to change the bottom couple buttons like* # but haven't really figured out how to edit the dialer in 2.2.Ill try to look around if it xml's just depends might not be too hard to edit it up to how you would like.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    Dude that would be awesome man. All I wanna do it make the background black and the numbers white. I know you got tons on your plate already. If you ever get around to it let me know, that would own man. Btw, what about the gray background of where the call/keyboard open/close and call log? Is that not an image either?
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  17. #17  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Dude that would be awesome man. All I wanna do it make the background black and the numbers white. I know you got tons on your plate already. If you ever get around to it let me know, that would own man. Btw, what about the gray background of where the call/keyboard open/close and call log? Is that not an image either?

    That one can be edited,it's in a goofy place if i remember right it's in framework-res,Im going to pop it open real quick and see if i can pin point the name of it.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default

    Saaweeeeet lol
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  19. #19  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Saaweeeeet lol

    They have changed up so many things compared to 2.1.If im right it's going to be in the com.htc.resources>res>drawable-hdpi>phone_keypad_background...That should be it if not then holla and we'll see what else or where else it's hidden at.lol I had a list with all the png's listed and now it's pointless.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beezy420 View Post
    They have changed up so many things compared to 2.1.If im right it's going to be in the com.htc.resources>res>drawable-hdpi>phone_keypad_background...That should be it if not then holla and we'll see what else or where else it's hidden at.lol I had a list with all the png's listed and now it's pointless.
    That's not the one.. The one in the screenshot below is the one I'm looking for.. I'm almost about to give up. I've spend a total of about 15 hours in the last three days editing images that I thought was one thing and turned out it wasn't. It's really frustrating. Damn HTC for messing with crap that they didn't need to. This is why they take so damn long to put out updates?! To **** around with images in the framework!? GRR!!


    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  21. #21  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    I think i remember where that one is,let me double check and get back to you on that one.
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default

    Thanks dude. If my hair wasn't so damn short I'd be pulling it right now.. lol
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  23. #23  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Thanks dude. If my hair wasn't so damn short I'd be pulling it right now.. lol

    Ive been there.It's like you change a png thinking it should work,push it to your phone and nothing happens.Hang in there one day you'll be like that png is there and that one there.lol.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beezy420 View Post
    Ive been there.It's like you change a png thinking it should work,push it to your phone and nothing happens.Hang in there one day you'll be like that png is there and that one there.lol.
    lol dude I'm gonna have so many random pink **** popping up it's not even funny. I hope I do get that knowledgeable. I catch on stuff pretty fast, once I know where it is, I'll remember... It's finding it that's a puta lol
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default

    I figured it out!!! (mostly) I've been trying to figure out how to actually modify the dialer itself. Like the numbers, background and colors of the numbers. Apparently in htc's great wisdom, they changed the dialer from images to XML. So Vaelek helped me out a lot earlier. He had me download apktools so I can view the xml documents and gave me a good run down of the ins and outs of what I was looking at. Well after some digging around I found out that to theme the dialer you kind of have to go all over the place. Not TOO crazy though... Turns out the only images that you can edit (or really need to), are the following:

    In the com.htc.resources\res\drawable-hdpi:

    htc_pin_asset_pressed
    htc_pin_asset_rest
    htc_pin_icon_pound
    htc_pin_icon_star

    In HtcDialer\re\drawable-hdpi:
    htc_pin_icon_record_sp

    Here comes the tricky part. And I'm not 100% sure what to do. I found in the HtcDialer\res\layout-finder\htc_dialer_keypad.xml . I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that's where the font and placement code for the actual numbers and letters are. However, I can't seem to find the XML that's does the code for the color. That's actually all I want to change, I don't want to change the font, just the color of the numbers and letters. Trying to have a black background with white lettering at rest, and the opposite when pressed.. Since I haven't figured out where the color coding is at, I did this in the meantime...

    Last edited by Jerzyiroc; 11-05-2010 at 03:30 AM.
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

    iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

    Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Twitter

    PS3- SpiderMonkee
    Thanked by:
    beezy 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B