Myn's Warm RLS 3 is here!

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i know im not fully done with the process because i need to recharge again at the end of the day, but heres the break down as of now...

since your post with instructions it took a while to charge, unplug, and recharge, then I cleared batt stats and restarted again.

Even if i did all of that instantaniously, it would be a max of like 3 hours...

and right now im at 34% battery left.

up time 2:51 hours

39% standby
24% phone idle
17% voice calls (which was literally a 10:52 second call)
15% android system
5% display

only other thing i did was send a few text and download 1 app.

But i will report back to let you know how it is tomorrow after it empties and i fully recharge. thanks

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ridiculous i tell you... look at that, only like 4 hours of LITE usage.

I made one 10 minute call, and one 4 minute call, and downloaded 1 app.
and only sent and receive about 5 txts.

And i always task kill right before I put the phone down when i know i wont be using it for a while.

usage1.jpg

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
is that a legitimate questions? are you asking what a task killer is? I'll assume you are ..... its like doing CTRL ALT DEL on your PC and closing apps you are not using so they dont run in the background and use up resources. Same on the phone.

Either way, this problem seems to be particular to this ROM for me at least. #2 was alot better for (for me) on battery life.

coolbreezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
so whats the consensus on the kernal to use?

i dont want to just keep trying different ones (thats what you guys are for lol)
so far i tried several of netarchys, ziggys latest one that everyone is talking about in this thread and right now im using the htc #10

im not concerned about 1300+ benchmarks, and i dont care about overclocking, i want 15 hours of moderate use.

coolbreezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
its like doing CTRL ALT DEL on your PC and closing apps you are not using so they dont run in the background and use up resources.

its not a pc its phone. its not windows its linux based. im not a fanboy or a now it all but the other guys are right. task killer is an app that you run (using battery) to kill other apps (using battery) only for some of those to restart anyway (again yet using more battery)

in the beginning i used task killers thinking it was the right thing to do, until i stopped using them then i realized it really wasnt doing any good.

and ill tell ya, in 15 years i think ive ALT+CNTRL+DEL'D maybe 100 times and most of those were on XP mediacenter

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
its not a pc its phone. its not windows its linux based. im not a fanboy or a now it all but the other guys are right. task killer is an app that you run (using battery) to kill other apps (using battery) only for some of those to restart anyway (again yet using more battery)

in the beginning i used task killers thinking it was the right thing to do, until i stopped using them then i realized it really wasnt doing any good.

and ill tell ya, in 15 years i think ive ALT+CNTRL+DEL'D maybe 100 times and most of those were on XP mediacenter

just for the record... i know its not a PC and i know its not windows... i was putting it in different terms and more relatable for somebody to understand. Cause I know CTRL ALT DEL is a common thing for tech savy people to use on a PC. I was just relating it to task manager in windows is all.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
is that a legitimate questions? are you asking what a task killer is? I'll assume you are ..... its like doing CTRL ALT DEL on your PC and closing apps you are not using so they dont run in the background and use up resources. Same on the phone.

Either way, this problem seems to be particular to this ROM for me at least. #2 was alot better for (for me) on battery life.

No. It was a subtle recommendation to NEVER USE A TASK KILLER.

I know you probably used one with RLS 2 but different roms work with task killers differently.

Uninstall task killer. Let us know what results are.

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yeah I already did, im going to try it for a day or 2 without it.

But i installed it in the first place along time ago because it actually helps. And I've carried it over from every titanium backup i loaded.

- d3xn2o's recommendation should make the main difference too hopefully

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
You're prob gonna have to wipe battery stats and start over

Recharge your phone to 100%

Power down with the phone unplugged

once off plug phone in and let charge until green light comes on...

Once thats done Boot into Recovery and wipe batt stats

Reboot into the rom and use as normal

Let the battery Drain to the point where it shuts off on its own

Then Recharge with power off until led is green power up and use

It should be better

I'm running RLS3 for like 3 days now and welcome the changes from #2. Thx Myn for all the hard work on this top notch rom. To my question: Does the wipe battery stats procedure need to be performed after flashing any new rom or just with a new kernel? I've done it before with RLS#2 but have noticed poorer battery performance with the new release. Cheers!

p.s. I'm running stock htc kernel that came with the rom by the way.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running RLS3 for like 3 days now and welcome the changes from #2. Thx Myn for all the hard work on this top notch rom. To my question: Does the wipe battery stats procedure need to be performed after flashing any new rom or just with a new kernel? I've done it before with RLS#2 but have noticed poorer battery performance with the new release. Cheers!

p.s. I'm running stock htc kernel that came with the rom by the way.

This was the First time I've needed to do it sooooooooo good question

I think you should try to do it again just to make sure

todivefor

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
How do you get themes? In warm updater when I press addons/themes, I only get Tranparent Titlebar 3. When I select that, see attached. Is that all there is or am I missing something?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
How do you get themes? In warm updater when I press addons/themes, I only get Tranparent Titlebar 3. When I select that, see attached. Is that all there is or am I missing something?

If you want a completely different theme go to xda. Those are just add ons.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
After using CM6 for the longest I finally decided to give Myn a try. I must admit I'm really loving this Rom been using it for almost week since I got my new Evo and I'm quite impressed!

pdhaudio83

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Igot- I signed up just to PM you and haha- I need 5 posts. I basically JUST got warm installed, after a nice scary dual UID issue. I wiped and figured it out (i hate trial and error)... so I'm good at this moment... recommend addons?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Just remember posting is better than pming because others may have the same issues and could read and learn.

As for add-ons, id recommended running it for a few days and seeing how your battery is, then I'll help ya out with kernels ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx