Myn's Warm RLS 3 is here!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well i figured id help a few people by posting this link to an AWESOME Rom that been updated.

[ROM] Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 3 - 11/05/2010] - Have your cake and eat it too! - xda-developers

I also figured we can discuss any quirks we find, talk about kernels that go well with it, and general discussion.

I'm running it right now. Just wow.

Here's info on the battery tweak that was ported from the hero.

http://www.primoweb.com/froyo/battery_tweak_v3.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=762283

And here's some fonts if you don't like the one that comes with it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=801160

Here's how to apply the swype theme -

Kinda tricky but heres how.

1 - download the theme

2- download and install metamorph from the market.

3- uncheck swype in your keyboard option screen thing in the settings

4- Go into manage apps in your settings, and clear data and force stop.

5- go into metamorph, find and install the theme from your sd card

6- turn swype back on in your settings and stuff.

7- your all set.

BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THIS SAME RITUAL EVERY TIME YOU REBOOT YOUR PHONE.

Thats the catch, or rather the glitch

Last edited:

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
IKR i love this Rom Been using since the Beta release and its great best battery life i've ever seen on my EVO lol

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Been playing with it for a couple hours. Loving it. Had to flash the stock fonts as the included ones were hard to read for me.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
on my to do list... if you give me a week and a half i'll let you know about the netarchy kernels and how well they play with this ROM. If memory serves me correct they help up fairly well. So far vaelpak and netarchy play the best together.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
on my to do list... if you give me a week and a half i'll let you know about the netarchy kernels and how well they play with this ROM. If memory serves me correct they help up fairly well. So far vaelpak and netarchy play the best together.

I am VERY curious to see how netarchy performs on this rom compared to King's.

Look forward to your work!

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Installed RLS3 last night. The stock kernal is fantastic when the phone's idle. I lost 6% overnight while sleeping (about 8 hours) which never happened before. Not sure if this was a fluke but I'll be giving the stock kernal more time.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Installed RLS3 last night. The stock kernal is fantastic when the phone's idle. I lost 6% overnight while sleeping (about 8 hours) which never happened before. Not sure if this was a fluke but I'll be giving the stock kernal more time.

Sounds about right. I lost about 8% in 10 hours ish..

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

i dunno if its the new flip clock from the desire or what, but i lost alt of battery with the stock kernel overnight, like 15%.

so i moved to netarchy 4.2 no havs smartass.

Last edited:

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed this and am loving it so far. It is a big difference coming from Baked Snack.

I am having trouble adding my Exchange account. Anyone else having issues with this? Worked fine on Baked Snack.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
How does it compare? Im thinking about switching?

I was on Baked Snack 1.7 and so far I have only been running Myn's for about 2 hours but I think I am liking it better.

I really loved sense in Baked Snack but I am getting used to the launcher Myn uses (not sure which one it is). The animations are amazing and the color theme is sick.

I would suggest checking it out. Just make a nandroid backup in case you dont like it you can go back to BS.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I was on Baked Snack 1.7 and so far I have only been running Myn's for about 2 hours but I think I am liking it better.

I really loved sense in Baked Snack but I am getting used to the launcher Myn uses (not sure which one it is). The animations are amazing and the color theme is sick.

I would suggest checking it out. Just make a nandroid backup in case you dont like it you can go back to BS.

ive got baked snack 1.9 and myns just blows it out of the water, being a member of paid member of baked snack shack, im not trying to diss it and i commend Hero for his work, but 1.9 and the hero laptop kernel it comes with just isnt up to par for me, and battery life is not that great.

the visual aspects of Myns is much appreciated and everything seems as if it came from the store this way.

hopefully baked 2.0 will woo me.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
ive got baked snack 1.9 and myns just blows it out of the water, being a member of paid member of baked snack shack, im not trying to diss it and i commend Hero for his work, but 1.9 and the hero laptop kernel it comes with just isnt up to par for me, and battery life is not that great.

the visual aspects of Myns is much appreciated and everything seems as if it came from the store this way.

hopefully baked 2.0 will woo me.

Don't get me wrong, I used BS exclusively for months and I also give Hero props for his work.

I just like Myn's visuals and color themes. I am waiting to see how the battery life is, because BS just really didnt help battery much.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
im just getting bad battery drain.

currently its been off the charger for 1 hours 3 mins and i already lost about 13%

nothing but some texting and 2 messages via google voice.

using 4.2.1 netarchy

seems like i get bad battery drain no matter what i do and it pisses me off.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually I found the new release yesterday and installed it last night the battery was great today I have mad it all day so far with only about 20 minutes of charging in my car doc today.

Later,
Dave