red triangle explanation mark

dooftard

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I followed the sticky at the top and I successfully rooted my phone to 2.1

I then downloaded myn's 2.2 warm along with 4.1.9.1 I mounted it onto the SD card, but I also deleted the PC36IMG zip(I thought I was able to?)

I turned the phone off...held the down volume button along with the power button and it went into the bootloader screen(is that what its called?).

it froze up for a second and proceeded to load up the pc36img(or atleast scan for it) then went back to the main screen. I then went down to recovery and after that it just went to a black screen with a red triangle and an explanation mark in there.

I couldn't power down...couldn't restart or nothing. Pulled the battery and loaded it back up. My phone turns on and works. I'm still even in 2.1update1

This is the very first droid phone...first root...and also my first day having it. I just activated it no more than 4 hrs ago.

any help would be appreciated, but be kind :)

I'm not technologically ******ed, just blind at the moment...maybe a little scared of bricking my phone too...overly cautious?

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same thing happen the first time I tried to root (with Myn's RLS2). I just ignored it once I realized my phone was fine after a battery pull and continued the rooting procedures and it's been smooth sailing since.

Unfortunately I'm still a noob when it comes to rooting so I don't know what the cause is.

dooftard

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
yes the phones still bootable; just unable to reach the recovery part in the bootloader.

I'll try those two apps out after work and report back. Thanks!

::EDIT::
just installed rom manager, however clockwork recoverys not in the app market.

Last edited:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Which Hboot do you have?

I might have a method you can use if you're on 2.02 s-on

BTW you're not Full Root yet...

You never Flashed a Recovery....

And if you try to do it now it won't Stick

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
yes the phones still bootable; just unable to reach the recovery part in the bootloader.

I'll try those two apps out after work and report back. Thanks!

::EDIT::
just installed rom manager, however clockwork recoverys not in the app market.

Clockwork isn't in the market. Its in rom manager. Open rom manager and the very first option is to flash clockwork recovery. Flash it then try to go into recovery again. If that doesn't work then you night have to try d3x's method.

Reactions: dooftard

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Clockwork isn't in the market. Its in rom manager. Open rom manager and the very first option is to flash clockwork recovery. Flash it then try to go into recovery again. If that doesn't work then you night have to try d3x's method.

Warning its not for the Faint at heart haha

dooftard

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Which Hboot do you have?

I might have a method you can use if you're on 2.02 s-on

BTW you're not Full Root yet...

You never Flashed a Recovery....

And if you try to do it now it won't Stick

Im currently at work..I was playing around w my phone and realised I didn't have Su or root..according to Rom manager. How do I know if I'm on 2.02 if Ur talking about baseband then I'm 2.05
I have no idea about hboot..ill restart after this post. I remember it being all white with skateboarders on the bottom.

Thx for being patient!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Im currently at work..I was playing around w my phone and realised I didn't have Su or root..according to Rom manager. How do I know if I'm on 2.02 if Ur talking about baseband then I'm 2.05
I have no idea about hboot..ill restart after this post. I remember it being all white with skateboarders on the bottom.

Thx for being patient!

You need to boot into Bootloader

*POWER OFF*
*Reboot holding Volume down and Power Button*
*Hold until you see White screen with android Skateboarding*
*At the Top you will see which Hboot you have*

And no if you dont have the Superuser App on your phone you are not Root

You'll need to follow the Sticky to Root

dooftard

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You need to boot into Bootloader

*POWER OFF*
*Reboot holding Volume down and Power Button*
*Hold until you see White screen with android Skateboarding*
*At the Top you will see which Hboot you have*

And no if you dont have the Superuser App on your phone you are not Root

You'll need to follow the Sticky to Root

I followed the sticky :) I believe I figured out whats going on.

The phone came with 2.2 and I downgraded to 2.1. The part I skipped was OTA rooting. I assumed unrevoked and easyroot was the same thing(and everyone seems to have bad luck with unrevoked?).

word for word this is what my hboot says:
supersonic evt2-3 ship s-on
hboot-0.79.0000
m1crop-041f
touch panel-atmelc03_16ac
radio-2.05.00.06.10
apr 14 2010, 15:41:34

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I followed the sticky :) I believe I figured out whats going on.

The phone came with 2.2 and I downgraded to 2.1. The part I skipped was OTA rooting. I assumed unrevoked and easyroot was the same thing(and everyone seems to have bad luck with unrevoked?).

word for word this is what my hboot says:
supersonic evt2-3 ship s-on
hboot-0.79.0000
m1crop-041f
touch panel-atmelc03_16ac
radio-2.05.00.06.10
apr 14 2010, 15:41:34

Awesome Old Hboot

Use Simpleroot and Root that thing brotha

If you want you can try toast's method on XDA but thats on you...

dooftard

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Awesome Old Hboot

Use Simpleroot and Root that thing brotha

If you want you can try toast's method on XDA but thats on you...

I'm going to read up on simpleroot. I glimpsed at it whilst at work and it seemed like it would be my ticket to rooting; however, I still feel its the same thing as unrevoked. Has anyone had any bad experiences with simpleroot? If you recommend it I'll just go ahead and do it as you seem well seasoned with all of this :)

btw im a prior palm pre user...I think the most I had to do for that was put it in developer mode and download two programs. This seems more fun though; I feel more involved and more knowing as to what I'm doing and what going on.

Once again thanks for the help and being patient; most people would have abandoned this thread.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to read up on simpleroot. I glimpsed at it whilst at work and it seemed like it would be my ticket to rooting; however, I still feel its the same thing as unrevoked. Has anyone had any bad experiences with simpleroot? If you recommend it I'll just go ahead and do it as you seem well seasoned with all of this :)

btw im a prior palm pre user...I think the most I had to do for that was put it in developer mode and download two programs. This seems more fun though; I feel more involved and more knowing as to what I'm doing and what going on.

Once again thanks for the help and being patient; most people would have abandoned this thread.

Simple root is kosher, its open source.

Theres no reason not to do simple root, it does everything. Including flashing a recovery, when youre done rooting with it, before you close it and unplug your phone, hit extras and flash clockwork recovery.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Simple root is kosher, its open source.

Theres no reason not to do simple root, it does everything. Including flashing a recovery, when youre done rooting with it, before you close it and unplug your phone, hit extras and flash clockwork recovery.

Agree'd SimpleRoot you can watch the actually CMD working

You can see the Files pushing and all

Basically its doing what you would do on your own thru ADB

Good luck Let us know how it turns out