Baked snack 1.9 slowing evo down?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey all--
After doing a lot of asking around, people told me that Baked Snack overclocked to 1.2ghz is the fastest rom available.

However, after playing with it for a few hours after flashing it, I've noticed it slows the phone down BIG TIME. When I ran Quadrant Standard, it benched slower than the Samsung Galaxy S! Am I doing something wrong? I'm a relative noob at flashing ROMs, so...

Should I just return to a stock ROM? What other fast ROMs are out there that will allow for 4G/Overclocking?

Looking to make my Evo as fast as possible!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Well for one whoever told you that lied. Its far from the fastest. That title would be held by non other than Cyanogen. Secondly, forget benchmarks. Its how it actually performs that matters. With that said VaelPak has always been the fastest (not including Cyanogen) and hands down the most stable rom for me. Going stock is not where you want to go to get the fastest experience. Actually any sense rom isn't. Stick with a NonSense rom or Cyanogen if you want the fastest.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If 4G is important to you don't flash Cyanogen. It's an AOSP ROM that doesn't have 4G. You will want something Non-Sense like Vaelpak that Jerzy recommended.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want your Evo as fast as possible turbo charge it! lol kidding, I got an Evo X :)

Try this combo

rom: Vaelpak 2.3
kernel: netarchy-toastmod 4.1.9 havs
here

*this is only a recommendation*
i'm not telling you to do this, but I run 1228/245 daily and my phone is responsive. games, apps, interaction, etc...

kyle4miller

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
FYI

The Galaxy S series has an incredible processor. Hummingbird > Snapdragon for MOST activities.

I have an EVO and love it. Running Baked Snack 1.8 (I hear 1.9 has been giving people issues). I overclocked, did whatever I could to up the ante but the snapdragon does not hold a candle to the hummingbird. My dad has a Captivate (Galaxy S on AT&T) and with most benchmarks it blows my phone away. I know, y'all hate benchmarks, but you can SEE it working more smoothly physically, too.

For instance, did a NeoCore test (FPS test) and my phone scored a 34 overclocked to the max. The captivate (stock, not even rooted) ran at 56 FPS. I was pissed.

ON CYANOGEN: Good ROM, but too many issues for EVO. I don't care how fast it is. I ran CM6 for a while, but it screwed me over in too many ways. No 4G? ok whatever. Camera APK poorly constructed? Meh, camera's not that great anyway I guess. Can't send a string of multiple texts messages in one thread without having to reset your cell network? Okay this is getting ridiculous.

Back to my point: Don't try and compare. Get your EVO running snappy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678