Battery Life Question

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I've had this phone since the day it came out and i think i may finally root it.

I don't care about themes or faster performance or anything, I just want increased battery life. Any suggestions on what ROM offers the best battery life improvement?

Thanks

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It depends on if you wanna get rid of sense, if so vaelpak holds the best battery life and performance balance. If you want to keep sense, ac rom or myn.

No matter what you do, changing kernels and using smart overclocking will help you.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
with vaelpak it highly depends on the kernel. I've been benchmarking kernels for Vaelpak for a while to find the best one. I have found some pretty good finds. So far Netarchy seems to work the best for battery>performance. I have my phone overclocked to 1228 daily and i can get a full days use out of my phone. Jerzy is the same and after talking with Vaelek I think he's even using netarchy kernels now.

If you have any specific questions let me know. There are some posted results in the thread in my signature. I'm not done benchmarking all of them since I have to get about a weeks worth of use to get an accurate measure of the battery.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Azrael v2.5 (link in sig) and the battery life has been great for me. I even just flashed Netarchy's kernel (v4.2.1 cfs more agressive) and the battery life is even better than before!!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has always been REALLY good with VaelPak. Also from my personal experience as well as hearing from other people, VaelPak may very well be the most stable ROM you can use, especially when it comes to the NonSense roms. I hate to admit it, but so far VaelPak with Kings BFS8 has given me not only the best performance, but also battery life with NO compromise between them. But, I'm on a hardcore boycott of anything from Kings. I've been using Netarchy since and so far it's been really good. Not as fast as Kings 8, and battery isn't as good as Kings 8, but it's still better than any other kernel I've tried. With all this said... You still have to test and try yourself. I still don't understand it but Evo's can vary almost on an extreme level. It's really weird. But I'd say the majority would have the best battery and performance combo with the ketarchy kernel. As far as ROMs, I'm VaelPak 100%. But that's just my opinion. =D

Reactions: defector21084

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using AVA V10 right now, and am getting really nice battery life with a lot of use.

Sent/rec tons of texts, lots of email, web browsing, some music, FB and Twitter, news apps, little Angry Birds, and about an hours worth of call time.

This was taken yesterday after my first full battery charge after I re-installed the ROM. Lasted 25 hours. Should hopefully get even better.

EDIT - EDIT - Removed link as pic showed up now???

Last edited:

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm not sure if I want to get rid of sense but if I do it looks like vaelpak is the choice. Does ava still use sense

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How much longer is the battery life with vaelpak compared to the "best" rom with Sense? I really don't want to mess with the phone too much, I don't even care if it's faster or smoother. The stock rom is fast and smooth enough. I just want better battery life (my only significant complaint about the EVO) and I'd prefer not to take leave of my Sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol