- 37 Posts
backup for contacts
Hey i am about to root a buddies phone for him but we have an issue where all of his contacts are saved to this phone and not his google account. what is the best way to back those up so that he can get them back after the root.In 3D WOLRD WITH THE EVO 3D
EVO 3D S-OFF and Ready to Start Flashing
- 11-21-2010, 06:42 PM #2
Why wouldn't you sync contacts and calendar to Google? That really is the easiest way.— Milo
← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
- Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
- Keyboards — Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
- iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
If this helped, please click ↓Thanks & Like↓
- 11-21-2010, 06:51 PM #3
An easy way is to back them up with my backup trial (30 days), root, sign into your google account and restore your contacts from mybackup. After restoring them they will be tied automatically to your google account.Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
- 11-21-2010, 07:51 PM #5
- 11-23-2010, 11:50 AM #6
- THEN have your friend log in to his GMAIL on a computer.
- copy the vcf file created on the EVO's sd card to the computer
- In the GMAIL main screen go to CONTACTS - MORE ACTIONS (should be drop down menu towards center of screen) - IMPORT
- Import the vcf file to contacts!