1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Evo and PS3 using Evo connected to laptop?

Is this possible, using a stock Evo (non-rooted) and have it connected to my laptop and somehow use the wireless to connect my PS3 online?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

So, you want it to give internet to your laptop and ps3 at the same time? Right?
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Might have said it wrong. Is there a way to tether the PS3 using the Evo connected to my Laptop via USB? Not use the laptop at the same time, but as bridge.

OR

If there was a simple root method that I could use to enable wireless tethering on my Evo like the unrevoked method, which I think doesn't work on 2.2 anymore. Any ideas?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I believe you can USB tether directly to the ps3 with easy tether from the market. No root required
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

i am interested in seeing the performance of the PS3 while using the evo to play games online. Has anyone or is anyone currently doing this?
    In 3D WOLRD WITH THE EVO 3D

EVO 3D S-OFF and Ready to Start Flashing
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Easy Tether uses your PC's Internet Connection Sharing to connect the PS3 online.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Oh then idk man. I'd just root if I was you.

I haven't used the EVO but I have used my Galaxy Tab to play on my PS3. It is okay. Sometimes there is lag and it certainly isn't a great connection but since Verizon won't add any more dsl hookups in my neighborhood you gotta do what you gotta do to get by.

Default Re: Evo and PS3 using Evo connected to laptop?

I have used the sprint hotspot from my Evo 4g to connect to Xbox live and play online with no problems, but am unable to connect to my PS3 because it does not have wireless capability (older backwards compatible model). So I am wondering how I can go about hooking my phone up directly to my PS3 so that I can, if nothing else, be able to visit the Playstation store for purchases and downloads as well as system updates. Any help is appreciated!

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Rooted Stock

I'm not sure what's out there now but the app pdanet worked when I used it a couple of years ago. Might be better ones out there now, make sure it free. It you run across one that works with say..., the Xbox. It should work with the PS3 to.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums